[NEohioPAL] LEARN HOW TO SWING DANCE IN THE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE WAY with Get Hep Swing - Make the African American creators of this dance form proud.

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Sat Oct 19 09:20:48 PDT 2019

Get Hep Swing offers 6 classes in a variety of swing dance forms starting next week at the Brecksville Center for the Arts, 8997 Highland Dr.

You DO NOT need a partner to sign up for these 5 week classes.  Classes are $70 per person.  $60 per person if you are signing up with a partner and use the code DANCEPARTNER (when eligible)
We encourage you to sign up for the role you would like to learn regardless of how you define your gender.
We encourage all ages, sizes, shapes, abilities, and fitness levels to join us.
Get Hep Swing is an inclusive and welcoming place to learn partnered dance.
You can be in our “club" if you are a friendly and open-minded individual.

Pre-registration is highly suggested.  Use the links below to register and pay for the classes of your choice.

Mondays starting October 21st - downstairs

6:45-7:45 Fundamentals of Lindy - As seen in the movie “Malcolm X” - this dance form started in the ballrooms of Harlem and is the precursor to Jitterbug/East Coast Swing.  This dance allows for plenty of room for both partners to express themselves.  Use this link to register and pay https://reg127.imperisoft.com/Brecksville/ProgramDetail/3436323235/Registration.aspx

8-9 Intermediate Partnered Charleston - There are a variety of partnered forms of Charleston and we will cover lots of moves and transitions in face to face, side by side, hand to hand, and tandem Charleston in this class.  Are you ready to strut your stuff at the next 20s themed party?  We can help get you there.   Use this link to register and pay https://reg127.imperisoft.com/Brecksville/ProgramDetail/3436353434/Registration.aspx

Tuesdays starting October 22nd - downstairs

6:45-7:45 Balifornia Routine for Balboa dancers - A routine for Balboa dancers that incorporates many of the classic moves from the Balboa legends.
Use this link to register and pay https://reg127.imperisoft.com/Brecksville/ProgramDetail/3436353436/Registration.aspx

8-9 Fundamentals of Balboa - This dance form was created in the ballrooms of Southern California and has intricate footwork and often uses a close embrace like Tango.  This dance is really fun and feels really good at a variety of tempos including fast.  Use this link to register and pay https://reg127.imperisoft.com/Brecksville/ProgramDetail/3436323931/Registration.aspx

Tuesdays starting October 22nd - upstairs

6:45-7:45 Fundamentals of Jitterbug/East Coast Swing - Come and have some fun learning the easiest and most well known form of swing dancing.  If you have never taken a dance class before, start with this class.
Use this link to register and pay https://reg127.imperisoft.com/Brecksville/ProgramDetail/3436323238/Registration.aspx

8-9 Fundamentals of Partnered Charleston - Get ready for all of those upcoming 1920s themed events by learning how to do partnered Charleston.  In this class we will cover the basics and a few fun moves in face to face and side by side Charleston.  Sign up to take this class and soon everyone will be calling you the Bees Knees!  Use this link to register and pay https://reg127.imperisoft.com/Brecksville/ProgramDetail/3436353435/Registration.aspx

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about the dance styles, which level is right for you, etc.  I am more than happy to assist you.  Info at GetHepSwing.com

Valerie Salstrom - Founder and owner of Get Hep Swing