[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Dance Fest Professional Master Classes

Irene Honora irene at themovementproject.org
Mon Oct 28 10:04:13 PDT 2019

*CLEVELAND DANCE FEST PROFESSIONAL MASTER CLASSES*

As you might know, Cleveland Dance Fest is November 8th and 9th and will be
featuring 35 choreographers in 2 evening performances, an emerging works
concert, a youth showcase, and a day of master classes for youth and
professional/college dancers. We have some exciting master class artists
teaching at the festival on Saturday, November 9th that I think you will
enjoy.

Taylor Knight & Anna Thompson of slowdanger will be presenting physical
integration, a class that will integrate somatics practices, Laban Movement
analysis & more into an exploration of the mind/body connection. Kora
Radella (Kenyon College) will present a momentum based floor work practiced
rooted in release techniques and will explore the idea of riding the edge
of control. Gina Hoch-Stall’s (MFA Ohio State University) class will invite
dancers to have a more in depth conversation with their bodies through
play, sweat, experiment & fly (with and away) from gravity. Contact
improvisation with Kelly Hurlburt & Josh Hines directors of Seabus Dance
Company, will focus on the tone of the body, how dancer’s give/share/pour
weight into one another, ride momentum and other ways to move with contact.
The class will conclude with a group contact improv jam.

For class descriptions and other details, see our website
<http://www.themovementproject.org/cdf19>.

Feel free to spread the word! Cleveland Dance Fest is a great way to meet
new people and have new movement experiences.

--
*Irene Honora*
Company Member