[NEohioPAL] Inlet Dance Theatre's Winter Auditions for the 2020-21 Season

Elizabeth Pollert elizabeth.pollert at inletdance.org
Tue Nov 12 11:31:42 PST 2019

*2020-2021 Season Auditions *
December 16-17, 2019 in Cleveland, OH.
Auditions for: Trainee, Protege, Apprentice, & Company B Member positions

Inlet Dance Theatre will be holding auditions for our upcoming 2020-2021
season. We are looking for professionals and students who are teachable,
willing, and able to assimilate into our organizational culture and
aesthetic. Inlet, internationally recognized for "...using dance to further
people", is a contemporary dance company with roots in American Modern
Dance with a technical base grounded in Hawkins-based release technique,
Pilobolus-based nontraditional partnering, and a collaborative creative
process that relies on improvisation skills. Inlet is equally strong in
education programming as it is in performing concert and special event
work. The company seeks highly skilled dance artists with a desire to
educate as well as perform.
We employ a "get to know you" approach to auditions. We are looking to
determine fit within Inlet's culture and aesthetic, as well as create an
opportunity for you to see if Inlet's programming and culture is a good fit
for you. The audition is formatted like a workshop, so there is no need to
prepare a solo. You will be provided with links to repertory to learn prior
to arrival and the Company Members will lead you through the various
components of the audition.

*Audition Schedule (subject to change)*
DAY ONE: Monday, December 16, 2019
8:30-9:15 AM: Registration/Meet & Greet Coffee with Company
9:30 AM-3:30 PM: Audition
DAY TWO: Tuesday, December 17, 2019
9:00 AM-3:00 PM: Audition
There will be a 30 minute lunch on both days- we suggest packing a lunch.
The audition will be comprised of company class, improvisation,
nontraditional partnering, creative collaboration, stock lifts, company
repertory, and more! Please be prepared to dance barefoot, and bring a pair
of socks for floor work.

For those unable to attend the Winter Audition, we will be holding a Summer
Audition on June 29-30, 2020. For more information about the Summer
Audition, email us at info at inletdance.org

*To register: please fill out the online audition application at
https://form.jotform.com/inletinfo/audition-app-2020-21
<https://form.jotform.com/inletinfo/audition-app-2020-21>*
For questions or more info, contact us at info at inletdance.org or visit our
website at www.inletdance.org

Elizabeth Pollert
Inflow Education Coordinator/Company Member
Inlet Dance Theatre
c/o The Music Settlement
11125 Magnolia Dr.
Cleveland, OH 44106