[NEohioPAL] Kennelly Review of Mean Girls at Playhouse Square

Laura Kennelly lkennelly at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 12:37:00 PST 2019

One of the most striking elements in *Mean Girls* was not the music
(routine pop, nothing special), but the video design by Finn Ross and Adam
Young. Projections on the set behind the actors made the show fresh,
reminding us where we were (Africa, the high school, their homes, and so
on), and letting us “see” the cruel comments written over students’
pictures that cause big trouble.

*Bottom Line*
: There are funny moments, the cast is good, but the story has overall been
done over and over. Yes, we know growing up is hard, but get over it. (I
feel like a mean girl now, but there’s something about this show that
brings out the snark.)

See full review at CoolCleveland.com
https://coolcleveland.com/2019/12/theater-review-mean-girls-playhouse-square-by-laura-kennelly/

--