[NEohioPAL] Seeking P/T Box Office Manager & Facilities Coordinator at convergence-continuum

Cory Molner cmolner at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 20 12:47:47 PST 2019

convergence-continuum is  seeking energetic and dependable individuals to join our operations team in one of several roles.  Become a part of our awesome 19-plus years of outstanding theatre and enjoy a professional but light-hearted work environment, free admission to productions, free (street) parking and flexible hours! Please contact Cory Molner (cmolner at convergence-continuum.org) to apply or for more information.

Box Office Manager
The Box Office Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the front of house prior to and during performances of productions and other events. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
​
1.    Open up theater and backstage area.
2.    Set up Box Office (Ticketleap etc.).
3.    Stocking and preparing concessions prior to performances.
4.    Ensuring the theatre, lobby, and restroom areas are clean and stocked.
5.    Facilitate walk-up ticket sales.
6.    Assist patrons with accessibility issues, ticketing problems or any other issues.
7.    At the conclusion of the performance, count cash box and record cash receipts, generate reports from ticketleap- box office ticketing software.
8.    At the conclusion of the show, double-check all areas (backstage, theater and basement) and lock up building.
​
QUALIFICATIONS:

·         Ideally seeking an individual who has previous box office experience
·         Must be computer proficient and able to learn new ticketing software easily
·         An even demeanor and the ability to provide exceptional customer service even in high-stress situations.
·         Detail oriented and comfortable handing and overseeing cash/credit sales.

This is a paid part time position that will need to have availability for performances, and be able to periodically check reservations voicemails and update ticketing software throughout the week. Candidates do NOT need to have regular weekday daytime availability. Please contact Cory Molner (cmolner at convergence-continuum.org) to apply or for more information.
​___
Facilities Coordinator
The Facilities coordinator is in charge of the overall general upkeep and maintenance of the building. To that end, the Facilities coordinator:
​
1.     Ensures that the lobby, stage, backstage areas, shop, bathrooms and outdoor areas are clean and maintained during all performances, rehearsals and events.
2.    Is responsible for identifying maintenance and supply needs and maintain supplies used by the theatre.
3.    Is responsible for identifying, performing and/or managing repairs that need to be undertaken and creating and overseeing building beautification projects. Including         obtaining price quotes and selecting companies for repairs and building beautification projects in collaboration with the Executive Director.
4.    Works collaboratively with the staff and Board of Directors to fulfill the organizations mission, goals, and long-term strategic plan.
​
This is a paid part time position that will have flexibility in hours and time commitments. Candidates do NOT need to have regular weekday daytime availability. Please contact Cory Molner (cmolner at convergence-continuum.org) to apply or for more information.

Cory Molner
Executive Director, convergence-continuum Theater

The theatre company, convergence-continuum, was founded in 2000 by Clyde Simon and Brian Breth as a not-for-profit corporation in the state of Ohio. The company’s mission is to produce alternative/experimental theatre work by living playwrights and new plays by local playwrights. The company seeks to create a core ensemble that continues to work together over the long term in exploring and developing its artistic voice, and performance and production practices, to create up-close, environmentally-staged productions that challenge the status quo and extend the boundaries of theatre.
​