[NEohioPAL] Interplay Jewish Theatre & Maltz Museum Help Keep Jewish Culture Alive and Well on "Wake Up And Live With the Arts"

sue holland johnson suehollandjohnson at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 14:37:58 PST 2019

Interplay Jewish Theatre & Maltz Museum Help Keep Jewish Culture Alive and Well on "Wake Up And Live With the Arts"
Thanks toFaye Sholiton, FounderInterplay Jewish Theatre&Ben Becker, Mgr."Stop the Hate" & Public ProgramsMaltz Museum of Jewish Heritage

|                                                   WUAL with Faye Sholiton and Ben Becker |

https://youtu.be/2CDOSfUwtsg

with a brief Tribute to Roy Richardson, Tuskegee Airman
 Faye Sholiton, well-known for being a playwright and Founder, Interplay Jewish Theatre, shares her most recent production, "I Did it My Way in Yiddish" (in English), a solo performance starring Deb Filler, January, 15, 2020. Faye shares how the play came into existence, her connection to it, and the role Leonard Bernstein plays in the play's inception. We meet Ben Becker, Manager, Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, Stop the Hate and Public Programs, , with whomFaye is collaborating to bring Deb Filler and her work to Cleveland area audiences. Together, Faye and Ben discuss their missions to bring Jewish theatre,andthe Maltz Museum's galleries and exhibits to diverse cultural audiences.  Ben tells about "Stop the Hate" which showcases a positive student essay and performance project in which many diverse school districts participate.
WUAL with Faye Sholiton and Ben Beckerhttps://youtu.be/2CDOSfUwtsg
Watch Faye's and Ben's interview all the way.  At the end, Sue Johnson pays Tribute to Roy Richardson, Tuskegee Airman, one of Cleveland's own, who recently passed away.
Thanks to Yolanda Walker, Office Manager, & Jennifer Harris, Exec. Director, for supporting and making arrangements for "WUAL with the Arts" to appear at Rainey Institute.

Sue Johnson

Director, Wake Up And Live's Actors Studio

Producer, "Wake Up And Live With the Arts"

wakeupandlives at gmail.com