[NEohioPAL] NEW CLASS: THE ACTOR AT WORK

August Scarpelli august at thewrp.org
Thu Jan 2 07:26:00 PST 2020

WESTERN RESERVE PLAYHOUSE ANNOUNCES THE NEXT COURSE IN THEIR NEW
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT - AND ITS COMING UP QUICKLY!!

THE ACTOR AT WORK
(An advanced look at all the actor is tasked with. From the Audition to the
Audience)
Instructor: August Scarpelli
Dates/Time: January 28th - March 17th / Tuesdays - 4:30pm - 6:00pm (8 weeks)
Ages: 13+
Cost: $95.00

DEADLINE for registration is 24 hours before the first class.

Acting: one of the oldest and most celebrated arts. We have had “actors” in
our culture for as long as we can tell. We are all natural storytellers.
Acting today comes with a lot of obstacles and requires a lot of
preparation. Tasks such as how to prepare most effectively and efficiently
for an audition, rehearsals, and performances is what we will be
discovering in this course. In this course students will…
● Explore a series of techniques geared towards performing a successful
audition.
● Learn how and what to prepare, as well as how to behave and perform in
this unique setting.
● Students will be required to “audition” for a specific play in front of a
panel of local professionals.
● Teach and sharpen the technical skills that an actor uses to do their
work.
● Study the great acting teachers and innovators from Stanislavski to
Chekov, Brecht, Spolin, Brook, and well beyond (all will be taught).
● Prepare a scene with a partner(s) from a classic and challenging play -
this scene will be the final presentation in front of local professionals.

Find out more at
https://thewrp.org/event/wrp-education-department-2020-winter-course-catalogue/

Feel free to send any questions to our Education Director, August
Scarpelli, at augusts at thewrp.org

--
prohibited.