[NEohioPAL] NEW CLASS: Enhancing Musical Theatre Performance

August Scarpelli august at thewrp.org
Fri Jan 3 19:13:09 PST 2020

WESTERN RESERVE PLAYHOUSE ANNOUNCES THE NEXT COURSE IN THEIR NEW
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT - AND ITS COMING UP QUICKLY

Enhancing Musical Theatre Performance
Instructor: Jacob Bremkamp
Dates/Time: January 25th - February 15th / Saturdays - 2:00pm – 3:30pm (4 weeks)
Ages: 8th - 12th Grade
Cost: $55.00

DEADLINE for registration is 24 hours before the first class.

This course is designed to help the musical theater performer advance
their stagecraft, focusing on three core elements: Specificity,
Authenticity, and Vocal Performance. Through one-on-one training, this
class will be an intimate group of people who wish to bring in
specific songs that they are interested in exploring dramatically
(either audition pieces or musical numbers that will challenge them).

Once the class is assembled, all participants will bring in sheet
music of one full song that they wish to work on throughout the
course, along with the choice of a 16 bar cut of audition material
they would like to have for their audition books. We will work both
one-on-one and as a group, analyzing, interpreting, and ultimately
cleaning/polishing final performances of these musical numbers.

The goal is to help identify what we connect with on a personal level
in the songs we bring to the table, and how we can find new ways of
giving them authentic life on stage, utilizing these core elements.
This class is for those who are interested in taking their musical
theater performance to the next level, and to ultimately help give
performers a “boost” in the effectiveness of their unique
interpretations of modern and classical musical theater repertoire.

Find out more at
https://thewrp.org/event/wrp-education-department-2020-winter-course-catalogue/

Feel free to send any questions to our Education Director, August
Scarpelli, at augusts at thewrp.org

--
August Scarpelli
Education Director