[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Love's Labour's Lost

Dane CT Leasure dane at rubbercityshakes.com
Sat Jan 4 11:43:09 PST 2020

Rubber City Theatre is holding auditions for 2019/2020 mainstage season
production of Love’s Labour’s Lost. We are casting local non-union actors.
Audition appointments are by appointment only.

WHEN:

Saturday, January 18 from 11:00am - 6:00pm

Sunday, January 19 from 11:00am - 3:30pm

Accepting Video Auditions through January 19.

WHERE:

Rubber City Theatre

243 Furnace St

Akron, OH 44304

TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION:

APPOINTMENTS CAN BE MADE BY E-MAIL to casting at rubbercitytheatre.com. Please
include your name, phone number, an attachment of your headshot and resume,
and your preferred day and/or time. You will receive a response within
three business days. We will endeavor to schedule you as near as possible
to your requested time, pending availability.

AEA contracts: No AEA contracts at this time.

Non-AEA contracts:

Non-AEA Contracts will pay $100 stipend.

PREPARATION: Please prepare a monologue in verse (Shakespeare or
Contemporary) and to read from the script. You will be auditioning for
Kelly Elliott, Director and Dane CT Leasure, Artistic Director of Rubber
City Theatre. Please bring a copy of your most current headshot and resume.
VIDEO AUDITIONS: Please submit a video of a verse monologue and a prose
monologue.

Rehearsals: Please note rehearsals are typically Monday through Thursday
from 6:30-10:00pm, and Sundays from 3:00-9:00pm. The final week of
rehearsal will end of Wednesday and tech will begin on Saturday
12:00-4:00pm followed by a Sunday from 3:00-9:00pm. At the beginning of the
week leading into opening, we will have Monday off. Performances are
typically Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30pm, and Sundays at 2:30pm. We
are holding Saturday 2/15, 2/22 as snow make up days in case the weather is
bad and we need to cancel a rehearsal. There is one student matinee on
March 19 at 10:00am.

We will only allow a couple conflicts during the rehearsal process, no
conflicts during tech and show run.

Venue: This show’s rehearsal and performance location are at our new venue
at 243 Furnace St. Akron, OH 44304.

In reference to the character descriptions below - most characters we
encounter currently are on the binary and are written with the he/him or
she/her pronouns and you will see that are in the following descriptions.
But, however limiting the descriptions are, our casting seeks to be as
inclusive as possible and we invite gender non-conforming, genderqueer,
transgender, non-binary actors to submit for the roles they most identify
with. We will also list race/ethnicity when specific to the character but
are otherwise seeking all races and ethnicities. As an ADA compliant
theatre, we welcome performers of all abilities and will make all
reasonable accommodations in order to cast performers, regardless of
disability, in any role possible. Please let us know if you have any
questions, concerns, or if there are any accommodations we can provide.
(Language developed by Kevin Kantor and Emily Tarquin from the Actors
Theatre of Louisville).

Love’s Labour’s Lost by William Shakespeare

December 6 - December 22, 2019

Director: Kelly Elliott

First rehearsal: February 9, 2020

Opens: March 6, 2020

Closes: March 22, 2020

Casting: 7M, 3F, 3M/F or NB

The King of Navarre and his friends have vowed to live three years devoted
to academics and abstaining from the distractions of the outside world.
That is until the Princess of France and her friends come to the court and
change everything!

Available roles: (Note: that the following roles will double with other
characters throughout the play, Non-Binary [NB] characters may be doubled
with characters on the binary.)

Ferdinand, King of Navarre - M - Any age or ethnicity

Berowne - M - Any age or ethnicity

Longaville - M - Any age or ethnicity

Dumaine - M - Any age or ethnicity

The Princess of France - F - Any age or ethnicity

Rosaline - F - Any age or ethnicity

Marius - M - Any age or ethnicity

Katherine - F - Any age or ethnicity

Don Armado- M - Any age or ethnicity

Boyet- M/F or NB - Any age or ethnicity

Moth - M/F or NB - Any age or ethnicity

Nathaniel - M/F or NB - Any age or ethnicity

Holoferenes - M/F or NB- Any age or ethnicity