[NEohioPAL] DJed Swing Dance Party at The Lith Club with Get Hep Swing. Dance lesson from 8-9. Social dancing from 9-12

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Thu Jan 23 14:31:18 PST 2020

You are invited to a swing dance par-tay!

No need to attend with a dance partner. No need to have previous dance experience. Feel free to enjoy the concert, enjoy the dancing, and enjoy a fun Friday night with your friends.

WHEN - The last Saturday of EVERY month.  This month that date is January 25th.

WHERE - The Lithuanian Club, 877 E. 185th Street, Cleveland, Ohio

DANCE LESSON - 8-9  We usually teach a beginner-friendly Jitterbug lesson but we also like to mix it up and sometimes teach Lindy, Charleston, or Balboa.  Come solo or with a friend or friends but, you do not need to attend with a dance partner as we rotate partners during the lesson.  The dance champs at Get Hep Swing make learning how to partner dance fun and easy.

ENTERTAINMENT - This month we have two DJs to entertain you, Rachel Itsell and Amanda Bell.  You can expect the evening to be filled with 3 hours of music that is perfect for dancing Lindy, Jitterbug (East Coast Swing), Balboa, Charleston, Shag and even a little Latin and ballroom too.

ATTIRE - Wear what makes you feel good!  Wear shoes that allow you to pivot and spin easily.

COST - Dances are $12* per person.  No pre-event ticket sales, purchase tickets at the door.

WHO MAY ATTEND? -
We welcome anyone to join us who has an interest in dance, music, socializing and fun. We don't care what your physical ability or size is, where you are in life, where you are on the spectrum of sexual or gender orientation, what color or creed, or non-creed, you are. Are you a man who wants to learn how to follow or a woman who wants to learn how to lead? That's cool! This idea is not new to the swing dance scene. We are the easiest club to join, if you have an interest and an open mind, you are in. :)

WHO WE ARE - We are the swing dance company Get Hep Swing. Get Hep Swing is lead by owner, founder, and multi-year national and international swing dance champion, Valerie Salstrom.

We love spreading the gospel of swing dancing and we are excited to share the language and culture of this dance form with you. It is important for us to let you know that this dance style started in the African-American community in the ballrooms of Harlem, New York in the late 1920s/early 1930s. This dance has many opportunities for both partners to creatively express themselves and this creates an incredibly empowering and joyful experience. We can't wait for you to experience this conversation of dance with us.

Our goal is to make learning to partner dance easy and enjoyable. Please join us for our fun bi-monthly dances the last Saturday of every month at The Lith and the second Friday of the month at the Lakewood Masonic Temple.

See www.GetHepSwing.com for the most up to date information on dances, bands playing at the dances, 5- week, group classes, private lessons, school programs, performances, and special topic workshops.

For more info, please email Valerie Salstrom; the owner of Get Hep Swing, at info at gethepswing.com

*The free dance passes may be used for any of the Get Hep Swing twice-monthly dances except for the following special events which are $15 - The Lakewood dances in February (Valentine's Day) and March (Fundraiser for the Cleveland Junior Jitterbugs' youth swing dance program), and the Euclid dances in April (our annual Swing Prom), October (Halloween), November (Friendsgiving) and December (Winter Swing Gala)