[NEohioPAL] Hair Auditions

Marc Howard marc.c.howard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 05:45:14 PST 2020

AURORA COMMUNITY THEATRE
AUDITIONS

*HAIR*
The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical

Music by Galt McDermot
Book & Lyrics by James Rado & Gerome Ragni
Marc C. Howard, Director/Choreographer
D. Keith Stiver, Music Director
Amie Gabel, Producer

ACT seeks actors, singers, singers who move well.
Dancers who sing, or dancers who don’t.

SINGING AUDITIONS
6-8 pm Sunday Mar 8
or
7-9 pm Monday Mar 9

To sign up for an audition spot, go to:
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080549afac2caaf58-hair
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.signupgenius.com%2Fgo%2F5080549afac2caaf58-hair%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR101HPhbwGPxewxt2VR5__H7exdI46EYQQ4_H8Uk8N7AjkVrZqI5GAz9iw&h=AT1U0rE_1Oou690HkYa9VG3la1Suo_RXnGp8qNtSwwVnX61q-6D8jXyQB7DDuy9qmsPn9bo83psrqJU11o8FOvmbRXcJ4OLf4_OZaiVH1yJZvDROWwwoelPQJ2LADGhT7g>Please
bring a resume, headshot and 16—32 measures of a late 60's pop tune not
from the show and prepared for an accompanist. No, a capella or taped music.

DANCE AUDITION
7 pm Tues Mar 10
Be prepared to dance. Wear comfortable shoes and attire.
If you are auditioning to DANCE ONLY, no sign up is necessary. Please
attend the Dance Audition only.

CALLBACKS
6 pm Sun Mar 15
If invited to callbacks, scene work, and further music will be given.

WHERE

Aurora Community Theatre 115 East Pioneer Trail Aurora, OH 44202

Ideally, we would like to see everyone in person, however, we realize that
it is not always possible. We will be happy to see a video audition if
necessary. Please contact the director at marc.c.howard at gmail.com

<marc.c.howard at gmail.com>
REHEARSALS will begin as early as April 2020

PERFORMANCES 8 pm FRI & SAT June 26 -- July 18. 3 pm SUN July 5 & 12

CASTING NOTE
All races, genders, ages, body types, or other identities are encouraged to
audition and will be considered equally in casting. ACT does not offer
union contracts. All performers are volunteers.

For questions or further information, please contact the director at
marc.c.howard at gmail.com

SYNOPSIS
It’s 1967 in New York City. The Vietnam War is raging. The Age of Aquarius
is dawning. Best friends and roommates Claude, Berger and Sheila with their
Tribe of Friends struggle to balance their dream for a peaceful, beautiful
world with life’s harsh, violent reality. When Claude receives his draft
notice, he must decide whether to join the Tribe in resistance, or
sacrifice his ideals and, possibly his life, by bending to the pressures of
society and his conservative parents.

*Audience Advisory: *Contains Explicit Content, Partial Nudity, Drug and
Sexual References.