[NEohioPAL] Auditions for "Dearly Departed"

Annette Phelps a.phelps25 at att.net
Sat Feb 15 15:02:29 PST 2020

AUDITIONSFOR “DEARLY DEPARTED”

Sunday, February23, 3-6 p.m. &  Monday,February 24, 6-9 p.m.

Auditions will beheld at the Spotlights Theater building, 9543 Broadview Road (next to thePolice Department). The show is directed by Tyson Douglas Rand. Auditions willconsist of reading from the script. All auditioners will be asked to fill outan audition form listing any conflicts between auditions and performance dates.Resumes and headshots are welcomed but not required. Show dates are Friday andSaturday nights from April 24 - May 9 and one Sunday matinee on May 3.

ABOUT THE SHOW: In the Baptist backwoods of the Bible Belt,the beleaguered Turpin family proves that living and dying in the South areseldom tidy and always hilarious. Despite their earnest efforts to pullthemselves together for their father's funeral, the Turpin's other problemskeep overshadowing the solemn occasion: Firstborn Ray-Bud drinks himself sillyas the funeral bills mount; Junior, the younger son, is juggling financialruin, a pack of no-neck monster kids, and a wife who suspects him of infidelityin the family car; their spinster sister, Delightful, copes with death as shedoes life, by devouring junk food; and all the neighbors add more than twocents. As the situation becomes fraught with mishap, Ray-Bud says to hislong-suffering wife, "When I die, don't tell nobody. Just bury me in thebackyard and tell everybody I left you." Amidst the chaos, the Turpinsturn for comfort to their friends and neighbors, an eccentric community ofmisfits who just manage to pull together and help each other through theirhours of need, and finally, the funeral.

For character breakdowns, visit the Spotlights' website: http://www.broadview-heights-spotlights.org