[NEohioPAL] :: Ensemble Theatre continues its 40th Anniversary Season with 'Kindertransport'::

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Mon Feb 17 13:34:18 PST 2020

*:: Ensemble Theatre continues its 40th Anniversary Season::*
Dedicated to Ensemble Founder *Lucia Colombi*, this season will focus
on* 'Making
Her Story'!*
All shows are written by women, directed by women, and starring women,
celebrating the immeasurable contribution of women to theatre everywhere!

*Ensemble continues its 40th Anniversary season in 2020 with :*
*KINDERTRANSPORT*
By *Diane Samuels *:: Directed by *Katia Schwarz*
*March 6-29, 2020 *:: *MainStage*Theatre :: *Regional Premiere!*
*Fridays & Saturdays* @8pm :: *Sundays *@2pm

The Kindertransport was a British rescue mission that took place at the
beginning of WWII. Over 10,000 Jewish children from various countries were
placed in British foster homes. Helga and Werner Schlesinger are parents
faced with the difficult choice of keeping their beloved daughter Eva in
Germany with them, or letting her become one of the Kindertransport
children, who are sent to the UK, alone. 'Kindertransport' depicts the
agony of separating a child from her parents and wrestles with the
consequences of that choice, an act of sacrifice that also wreaks
devastating results.
*Starring* Cleveland's own *Dorothy Silver. *

*"'Kindertransport' is an important play to see whether you know about
these children or not. It allows you to see that the result of how we treat
any children fleeing persecution spans generations, and that mark, good or
bad, reflects our own humanity." *-DC Metro Theatre Art

Our entire *2019|2020 Season *will take place in the heart of Coventry
Village on the Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Campus!!!
2843 Washington Blvd | Cleveland Heights, OH 44118

*JOIN US! What stories we have to tell!*
We are also excited to partner with the Heights Libraries for additional
programming throughout the season!
Stay tuned for a schedule of surrounding activities and talkbacks!! Check
our website for details!!

*Fridays and Saturdays @ 8pm. Sundays @ 2pm*
*216-321-2930* | tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
Click* HERE
<https://ensemble-theatre-of-cleveland.square.site/product/kindertransport/8?cs=true>
purchase tickets online.

   - *Opening Night Reception* with CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES! *(Friday,
   3/6/2020)*.
   - *Pay what YOU can* Sunday's *3/8/2020 & 3/15/2020 *@2pm.
   - *Happy Hour 3/13 & 3/14 6:30-8:00*. Cash Bar *Weekend of
   3/13-3/15/2020.*
   - *Art Making Workshops with Robin Vanlear **(Parade the Circle)*.
   *3/13-3/15/2020*
   Please join artist, Robin VanLear *March 13th & 14th *(6:30-7:30) *&
   15th* (12:30-1:30) in the Ensemble Theatre/Coventry PEACE Atrium to
   create your part of a Kindertransport installation for the lobby of the
   Coventry Peace Campus. Bring photos, drawings, or scraps of fabric, as you
   create the individual you would choose to board the train and save from
   harm. *$5 donation* will buy their ticket.
   - *Check our website for more information and for any updates on
   surrounding talk backs or pre/post show events!!  *

*With an amazing cast and crew of LOCAL artists!*
*Dorothy Silver *:: as *Lil*
*Laura Perrotta**:: as *Evelyn *
*Diana Frankhauser* :: as *Faith*
*Shley Snider *:: as *Helga*
*Lexi Cowan* :: as *Eva (various ages)*
*John Busser* :: as *The Ratcatcher* *(various roles)*
*(*Denotes a member of Actors' Equity Association, the union of Actors and
Stage Managers in the United States)*

Executive Artistic Director :: *Celeste Cosentino*
Director :: *Katia Schwarz*
Production Stage Manager/Props: *Becca Moseley*
Lighting/Set/Projection Design:* Ian Hinz*
Costume Design: *Katie Atkinson & Jill Kenderes*
Theatre Carpenter: *August Scarpelli*

*PARKING*
Parking can be found in the Coventry School parking lot to the south of the
theatre, also along Washington Blvd and surrounding streets.

*SINGLE TICKETS* are *$12-$29* (On Sale NOW)
Senior, Student, Military* & Group Discounts available.  *Military use
discount code *MILT *for discount on any ticket purchased.
Call *216-321-2930* or email *tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
<tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>* for more information!
Online: *www.ensembletheatrecle.org* <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/>

*Great Scripts. Cleveland Artists!*
*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*