[NEohioPAL] FREE 45 minute all levels jitterbug lesson at the Lake Erie Folk Fest this Saturday, February 22nd with world champion swing dancer Valerie Salstrom of Get Hep Swing

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Thu Feb 20 16:45:04 PST 2020

Learn the real way to swing dance from a national and international swing dance champion who respects the African-American roots of the dance and does not white wash this urban folk dance.

FREE swing dance class with champion swing dancer, Valerie Salstrom at the Lake Erie Folk Fest on Saturday, February 22nd in the Center Gym at the Shore Cultural Centre, 291 E. 222nd St., Euclid, Ohio 44123

1-1:45 - Everyone is welcome to join us for this beginner-friendly Jitterbug lesson. You will learn one of the basic footwork patterns and a few fun moves in this hour-long class. Swing dance was organically created in the ballrooms of Harlem in the late 1920s/early 1930s and we teach it in a way that would make the originators proud. There is no need to bring a dance partner as we rotate partners during the lesson. Wear clothing that makes you feel good about yourself and shoes that allow you to pivot and turn easily. High heels are not recommended.

2:00-2:45 - Stay for the swing dance after the lesson to try out all of your new moves with live music provided by Bob Frank

For more info please see www.lakeeriefolkfest.com

www.GetHepSwing.com