[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Seeking Directors For 2021 - 2022 Season

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 09:26:55 PST 2020

Workshop Players Theater

44820 Middle Ridge Road

Amherst, Ohio 44001

440 -988 -5613

Dear Potential Director,

Do you have an interest in directing at Workshop Players Theater?  We are
excited to begin planning our 2021-2022 season and we’d love for you to
join us. In our intimate and unique performance space we provide our
audience with a variety of theatre. Our five-show season includes a comedy,
a drama, a children’s or theatre for young audience production, a musical and
a holiday show.

As a future director, the next is up to you!

1. If you have not directed with us previously, submit a theatrical resume,
detailing your experience and include two references from people you have
worked with. If you have directed with us previously, this step is not
necessary.

2. *ALL* applicants should submit a list of productions, at least *one from
each genre that fits the description of our season*, that you are
interested in directing. Please include with each show a short description
of the piece (which may be copied and pasted from the licensing website).

3. Add to the description of each show why you believe it would work in our
unique space. (Theatre in the round space, close proximity to the audience,
very little backstage storage space, four possible entrances two of which
are accessed from wings outside of the theater)*

* Please contact the theatre for a tour of the space at your earliest
convenience.

We understand that there might be a genre you aren’t as comfortable with,
less experienced in or less passionate about. Please communicate that in
your submission as it will not automatically exclude you.

Our process begins now and ends next September as outlined below.

April 1: ALL SUBMISSION ARE DUE. The Board of Trustees along with the Play
Reading Committee will review submissions and set up interviews.

April-August: The Play Reading Committee reads all the shows submitted and,
along with the Board of Trustees, interviews the Potential Directors. A
season of shows is then selected, along with chosen directors.

September: Directors are notified, season is decided and performance dates
are announced.

Please submit applications to Jennifer Ludwig at jenludwig7 at gmail.com by
April 1, 2020.

*Also note that Workshop Players Theater is a volunteer organization and
there is no stipend for Directors, Designers or Actors.*

Thank you,

Jennifer Ludwig

Board of Trustee

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001
contact at workshopplayers.com
www.workshopplayers.com

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"