[NEohioPAL] Learn a vintage swing line dance this Saturday, March 7th from 12-1:30 with international swing dance champion, Valerie Salstrom from Get Hep Swing

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Thu Mar 5 07:46:49 PST 2020

If you have been to a swing dance event or two you have probably seen the crowd bust out and do the Shim Sham at some point during the evening. The Shim Sham is a super fun and easy solo vintage line dance that is well-loved and danced all over the world. Now is your time to learn this amazing dance and join in the next time a Shim Sham erupts near you. Don't be left standing on the sidelines any longer. You deserve to be doing the Shim Sham too!
The original version of the Shim Sham was created in Harlem, NY in 1927 by tap dancers, Leonard Reed and Willie Bryant. This routine was often used as an “all hands on deck” finale in shows where dancers, singers, comedians, and musicians alike would join in. Many years later Frankie Manning, the ambassador of Lindy Hop, created a longer version of the Shim Sham by repeating parts of the Shim Sham routine with a small variation, and adding on an entire new section at the end. This workshop is for dancers of all levels as there is no one too new, too experienced, too young, or too old to not enjoy partaking in the Shim Sham.
This line dance routine is NOT danced with a partner and you do not need one to sign up for this class.
You will be given a copy of the choreography at the end of the class.
We would be thrilled to have you join us on Saturday, March 7th from 12-1:30 at the Arlene Cassara Dance Studio and learn the Shim Sham with us.
Registration and payment is accepted through Eventbrite. The total cost per person is 22.85  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/95057454405
Please be sure to check out our website www.GetHepSwing.com and follow Get Hep Swing on Facebook and Instagram to receive the latest details on where to social dance, where to take 5-week group classes, and when swing-danceable bands are playing and where. We have a vibrant swing dance scene in Northeast Ohio and we can't wait for you to be a part of it.
Recommended attire is comfy and casual. Please wear whatever makes you feel good about yourself. Please wear flat shoes with a clean sole that allow you to pivot and turn easily.
Arlene Cassara Dance & Theater is located at 24325 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, Ohio 44070. This venue meets all ADA standards, has ample parking, a lightly sloped entry from the parking lot to the venue, wide doorways, dance floor on the main level, ample seating, ADA approved bathrooms, a changing area, and is a well ventilated, heated, and cooled dance space.
Please call or email with any questions. 216-374-1927 or info at GetHepSwing.com