[NEohioPAL] Final chances to see "Memphis" at Weathervane Playhouse - Saturday, and Sunday are already sold-out!

Fred Gloor fgloor at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Thu Mar 5 08:46:56 PST 2020

Kerry Clawson of the Akron Beacon Journal calls Memphis "explosive" and "moving" Full Beacon Journal Review: https://bit.ly/3abNXby

The story of a time in America when music brought people together - and changed the world!

>From the underground dance clubs of Memphis, Tennessee during the 1950's comes the Tony- and Olivier Award-winning musical that bursts off the stage with explosive dancing, irresistible songs and a thrilling tale of fame and forbidden love. Memphis is about a white radio DJ in the 1950's who wants to change the world and a black club singer who is ready for her big break. Come along on their incredible journey to the ends of the airwaves - filled with laughter, soaring emotion, and roof-raising rock 'n' roll.  Winner of four 2010 Tony Awards including Best Musical and two 2015 Olivier Awards, Memphis features a Tony-winning book by Joe DiPietro and a Tony-winning original score with music by Bon Jovi founding member David Bryan.

Memphis runs through March 8th in our Founders Theater.  Show times are Thursdays through Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. There is also one morning performance on Tuesday, March 3rd at 10:00 a.m. Tickets are $11 -$27 and can be purchased by calling 330-836-2626 or by visiting www.weathervaneplayhouse.com<http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com> (Standard ticketing fees apply).

Memphis is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized performance materials are supplied by Theatrical Rights Worldwide, 1180 Avenue of the Americas, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10036. (866) 378-9758 www.theatricalrights.com<http://www.theatricalrights.com>

CAST
Huey Calhoun
ADAM VIGNEAULT
Felicia Farrell
BROOKE JAI
Delray Jones
MIGUEL OSBOURNE
Gator
JAHLIL UNDERWOOD
Bobby
JONATHAN MERECHANT
Gladys Calhoun
TONYA DUUS
Mr. Simmons
GARY DAVIS

White DJ/Mr. Collins/Gordon Grant/Ensemble
SCOTT K. DAVIS

Wailin' Joe/Reverend Hobson/Ensemble
JAE SNOW
Be Black Trio/Ensemble
RANJE PEARSON, Jr.
Someday Backup Singer/Ensemble
GABRIELLE GONZALEZ
Someday Backup Singer/Ensemble
DELISA MEDLEA
Gator/Ensemble
KODEE WILLIAMS
Be Black Trio/Ensemble
KAILYN MACK
Be Black Trio/Ensemble
ALEXIS NELSON
Clara/Ensemble
GINA MARAFIOTE
Buck Wiley/Perry Como/Frank Dryer/Ensemble
DANE LEE
Martin Holden
JOHN P. O'NEILL
Ensemble
MAKENNA BIRD, HEATHER CULOTTA, ABBIE ELLIS, ISAAC HAAS,
CALA HENDERSON, BONITA JENKINS, CAYLA NAPOLEON,
JESSE OYSTER, RANJE PEARSON Jr., JUDE PEPE, MELANIE SCOTT,
CHRISTIAN SIMS, BRYAN TUTWILEY
THE CREATIVE TEAM
RICHARD MORRIS, JR.
Director/Scenic Designer