[NEohioPAL] Hair Auditions

Marc Howard marc.c.howard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 06:30:25 PST 2020

THEY'RE HERE!

Auditions are Tomorrow and Monday!

Slots still available so sign up today! Walk-ins are welcomed.

For questions or further information, please contact the director at
marc.c.howard at gmail.com

" ..... be free, no guilt, be whatever you are, do whatever you want, just
as long as you don't hurt anyone".

Music by Galt McDermot, Book/Lyrics by James Rado and Gerome Ragni

Synopsis:
Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical follows a young group of
hippies fighting the establishment, dodging the drafts, getting high,
living and loving in New York City. It’s 1967: the Vietnam War raging, and
the Age of Aquarius is dawning. Claude, his best friend Berger, their
roommate Sheila, and their Tribe of friends struggle to balance the demands
of the harsh and violent world with their dream for a more beautiful and
peaceful world. When Claude receives his draft notice, he must decide
whether to join his friends in resisting the draft or bow to the pressures
of society and his conservative parents, thereby sacrificing his ideals
and, possibly, his life. Hair was a sensation when it premiered in 1967, as
it brought the counterculture movement into the theatre and the national
spotlight. The issues the show brings up -- alienation, civil disobedience,
youthful defiance -- continue to timelessly resonate today.

Marc C. Howard, Director/Choreographer
D. Keith Stiver, Music Director
Amie Gabel, Producer
Ann Nyenhuis, Stage Manager
Dave Nyenhuis, Asst Stage Manager
Bob Schaefer, Set Designer
T.D. Codella, Lighting Designer
Kathryn Connair, Costume Designer
Maggie Hamilton, Sound Designer
Jerry Schaber, Run Crew Manager
Dolly Spinelli, Board Liaison

We are looking for Actors, Singers, Singers who move well, and Dancers who
sing or Dancers who don’t.

When:
Singing Audition: Sun Mar 8, 2020 6:00-8:00 pm and Mon Mar 9, 2020
7:00-9:00 pm

Dance Audition: Tues Mar 10, 2020 7:00 pm

DANCERS: if you are auditioning to DANCE ONLY, no sign up is necessary.
Please attend the dance audition on Mar 10 2020

Callbacks: Sun Mar 15, 2020 @ 6 pm, If invited to callbacks, scene work,
and further music will be given.

** Ideally, we would like to see everyone in person, however, we realize
that it is not always possible. We will be happy to see a video audition if
necessary. Please contact the director at the email listed below.

Where: 115 East Pioneer Trail, Aurora, OH 44202

What to Prepare:
Singing Audition: Please bring a resume, headshot and 16-32 measures of a
late 60's "pop" tune not from the show and prepared for an accompanist. No,
a capella or taped music.
Dance Audition: Be prepared to dance. Wear comfortable shoes and attire.

To sign up for an audition spot, go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/
5080549afac2caaf58-hair
<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080549afac2caaf58-hair?fbclid=IwAR2Z4FDLKThGapf5lbWCIDVgwTb1GvaaZz7T0gC0RxQrPB8QF85Ugefy1Do>

Rehearsals: Will begin as early as April 2020

Performances: Jun 26 to Jul 18, 2020

Casting Note: Any race, gender, age, body type, or other identities are
encouraged to audition and will be considered equally in casting. ACT does
not offer union contracts and performers are volunteers.

marc.c.howard at gmail.com