[NEohioPAL] AUDITION NOTICE: Animal

Avenue Arts Marketplace & Theatre avenueartstheatre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:45:20 PDT 2020

Animal Auditions

Avenue Arts Marketplace & Theatre announces auditions for ANIMAL

Located at 324 Cleveland Ave. NW Canton, Ohio 44702

SYNOPSIS: Rachel has it all: marriage, house, career. So why does she suddenly have this creeping feeling? Did she leave something behind? Or is there something in the walls…? Her husband thinks she needs time; her psychiatrist suggests positive thinking. But then the visions start. Apparitions of doubts, past decisions, future mistakes. Is it time for Xanax? Prozac? Or perhaps she just needs to forget it all, follow her instinct, and kiss a stranger. A darkly comic play about the underside of domesticity, the complexity of the brain in chaos, and the thin line between sinking and survival.

Animal is presented by special arrangement with Dramatist Play Services, Inc.

Directed by: Jared Sparks
Stage Manager: Alison Foutz

Auditions will be held on Tuesday, March 24th and Wednesday, March 25th from 7-9pm
Callbacks (if necessary) will take place on March 27th from 7-9pm

All auditioners are asked to come prepared to cold read from the script. We also ask that you bring a current headshot and resume with you to auditions.

At this time, there are no stipends and/or AEA contracts being offered!

Rehearsals will begin on March 30th and will run Mondays-Thursdays

Performances: May 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th at 8pm and May 10th at 2pm

 TO SIGN UP, PLEASE VISIT: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c4bafa82ca3fe3-animal2 <https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c4bafa82ca3fe3-animal2>
CHARACTERS:

Rachel (female, any ethnicity, 20s-40s) - her brain is in continuous chaos--slipping into manic episodes and having visions; pushed to the edge by the pressures of domesticity.
This role requires mature language, mild sexual content and onstage violence

Stephen (male, any ethnicity, 30s-60s) - Rachel’s psychiatrist; methodical and direct; graduated at the top of his class.

Tom (male, any ethnicity, 20s-40s) - Rachel’s husband; a consistent source of care and support throughout his wife's psychological descent.
This role requires mature language

Dan (male, any ethnicity, 20s-30s) - a stranger; a young, attractive vision of Rachel’s potential affair.
This role requires mild sexual content and partial nudity (shirtless)

Little Girl (female, any ethnicity, 10-12yo) - to play 10; a hallucination of Rachel’s.

Older Woman (female, any ethnicity, 50s-80s) - THIS ROLE HAS ALREADY BEEN CAST!
This role requires onstage violence

Avenue Arts Marketplace and Theatre is a CLEan House Theatre. This means we are committed to being a space free of harassment based on sex, gender, race, religion, class, ethnicity, nationality, political belief, or ability. We are committed to being a safe environment that fully allows us to challenge ourselves, our audiences, and our communities; that supports creative risks of mind and body; and that establishes the freedom to create theatre that represents the full range of human experience.

All questions should be directed to avenueartstheatre at gmail.com <mailto:avenueartstheatre at gmail.com>