[NEohioPAL] GIDION'S KNOT still opening Fri, Mar 20 at convergence-continuum

convergence-continuum info at convergence-continuum.org
Thu Mar 12 11:00:21 PDT 2020

We are aware ofthe recent public health concerns surrounding COVID-19 and have beenthinking about the best ways to keep our audiences safe while also presentingour shows to you. At this time we are not cancelling any performances,but we wanted you to know about the extra precautions we are taking:

   - Additional cleaning of the theater space before and after performances with specific attention to door handles and audience seats.
   - All programs will be single-use. We encourage audience members to take their programs home or recycle them in the lobby.
   - Hand sanitizer will be available at our box office.

We are alsoencouraging audience members to take a variety of precautions:

   - Consider if you are at a higher risk for infection (if you are 60+, have a compromised immune system, if you are pregnant).
   - Practice good hygiene by washing your hands, coughing into your elbow, and avoid touching your face.
   - Stay home if you are ill. We are happy to exchange your tickets to another performance of GIDIONS KNOT.
   - Take a look at the Centers for Disease Control or the Ohio Department of Health for updates about COVID-19 and how to remain safe and healthy.
Please checkour website and social media for any further updates.

If you havequestions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to Executive Director CoryMolner at cmolner at convergence-continuum.org

                                          GIDION’SKNOT OPENSFRIDAY, MARCH 20

AT CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM

Gidion’s Knot opens Friday, March 20 and runs Thu-Sat at 8 p.m. through April 11 atconvergence-continuum’s Liminis Theater, 2438 Scranton Rd., Cleveland, OH 44113in the historic Tremont neighborhood.

Over the courseof a parent/teacher conference, a grieving mother and an emotionallyoverwhelmed fifth-grade primary school teacher have a fraught conversationabout the tragic suicide of the mother's son, Gidion.  Gidion may have been bullied severely—or hemay have been an abuser. As his story is slowly uncovered, the women try toreconstruct a satisfying explanation for Gidion's act and come to terms withexcruciating feelings of culpability.

Gidion’sKnot is a thought-provokingtwo-character play touching upon bullying, teacher/parent responsibility, thelocal principal’s and board’s decisions and policies, the school system’sfailures and the issue of students’ freedom of expression. The face-offescalates inexorably throughout as the two women confront the audience as muchas one another with their characters’ pain, avoidance and degrees of guilt andregret.

Gidion’s Knot is directed by convergence-continuum’s Amy Bistokand features con-con actors Laurel Hoffman and Elaine Feagler.

Tickets at $20 general admission, $15for seniors and $10 for students are available at convergence-continuum.org and216-687-0074.

Convergence-continuum’s production of Gidion’sKnot is supported in part by the residents of Cuyahoga County through apublic grant from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture.