[NEohioPAL] Paid Gig for Assisted Living - 1950s DJ/Dancers

Noah Budin nbudin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 13 11:49:32 PDT 2020

Every spring at the Assisted Living we have a "Senior Prom." This year we want to make it a sock-hop, and we're looking for two things:
1) A DJ who can play 1950's music for an hour.
2) Dancers, one male, one female, who can come in costume (1950s, poodle skirt, etc.) and demo some dances from the 1950's, then "dance" with some of the residents. It would be more like "interacting" with them. We won't expect them to imitate the dances you've done. Just get them up for a short time to move to the music a little. Staff, of course, will be on hand for guidance.
Please, only reply if you've done this kind of thing before, and actually have a repertoire of music/dances. Experience with seniors helps. (What I'm NOT looking for is "well, we've never really done it before, but my husband and I sometimes go out dancing and know some of those dances." Or, "just tell me what to do and I'll learn them." I need you to come prepared. The only reason I say this is, well, I have been doing this for 15 years and have experienced it every single time I've posted an ad like this.)
We have a budget that is standard on campus and non-negotiable. We can pay $80/person for one program.
The date is Thursday, May 21, but that's flexible. The time is 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM.
Please only reply to me at nbudin at menorahpark.org
Thanks!
Noah
NEOPAL Assistant Admin.