[NEohioPAL] Quarantine Radio 19

Jordan Malin jordanrmalin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 17:01:28 PDT 2020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE       Jordan Malin, Producer

Quarantine Radio Hour 19 Recreates               Vintage Radio Plays

Content Available to the General Public for Free
CLEVELAND, OH (Apr. 2, 2020) -- Quarantine Radio Hour 19, a newly-founded
group of theatre artists from across the United States, proudly announces
the release of their series of radio dramas and melodramas. The content,
which is styled after broadcasts from the Golden Age of Radio, is being
offered to the public at no cost. The weekly broadcasts will be accessible
through a number of commonly-used platforms, including Facebook,
SoundCloud, and Google Drive. Interested parties may contact Jordan Malin
at jordanrmalin at gmail.com to gain access.
Quarantine Radio Hour 19 comprises actors, writers and technicians from the
world of live theatre, whose projects have been cancelled in the wake of
COVID-19. Their mission is to provide entertainment and comfort to
audiences whose resources and mental health may be strained at this
time--particularly those older citizens who are confined to nursing homes
and assisted living facilities. As live events are cancelled for the
foreseeable future, the artists aim to put their talents to use in a way
that gives back to the communities in which they reside. Says Jordan Malin,
the group’s organizer:
“I had posted on Facebook asking if anyone in senior living facilities, or
just those living alone, would want to be entertained. They were most
likely scared and lonely. I honestly had no idea so many of my theatre
friends--past and present--would want to be involved. Since so many of us
involved in the Arts are out of work right now, we are also getting an
opportunity to create, express. It gives us time to escape for awhile, and
we hope it does the same for those listening.”
The first episode, a public domain script entitled “The Scrap of Lace,” was
produced by actors and sound technicians working remotely from Cleveland,
OH, Denver, CO, Chicago, IL,
Auburn, NY, East Dummerston, VT, and New York City. From coordinating
rehearsals to navigating the recording process, replicating a vintage art
form in the digital age has presented its fair share of challenges.
Kimberly Weston, director, says:
"The hardest part seems to be the technical aspects of the show. I'm
definitely diving deep into the internet archives for fitting sound and
music bits. But the spirit of the broadcast is vibrant in the community of
theatre artists volunteering to "put on a show" in the midst of chaos and
isolation. Many of the company members haven't spoken directly in years,
but we're finding a way to communicate across the country. And we want to
share that with people not as lucky. "
Quarantine Radio Hour 19 is a community resource. As such, sharing of the
broadcasts is encouraged and welcome. No express requests for permission
are necessary.

If your are interested in our "call to action" for inspiring quotes or
messeges to friends and loved ones, feel free to send them to this email
address!

We hope that you and your loved ones are safe, happy and well!

We are excited to have Eric Coble’s Radio Scripts! We will be performing
them in the next few weeks!

The Quarantine Radio 19 Team
quarantineradio19 at gmail.com