[NEohioPAL] Call For Self-Tape Singer Auditions

Joanna May Cullinan joanna at musicaltheaterproject.org
Mon May 18 12:24:38 PDT 2020

*THE MUSICAL THEATER PROJECT IS NOW SEEKING SINGERS FOR TMTP'S 2020-21
CONCERT SEASON*
Both Equity and non-Equity actor/singers are welcome. Since this is a
concert series, no Equity contracts are issued, but all singers are paid a
stipend. Singers must be 18 years or older.

The mission of THE MUSICAL THEATER PROJECT, founded in 2000, is to foster a
deep appreciation of the classic American musical—and the social and
cultural history surrounding it—by creating programs that educate as well
as entertain people of all ages. The organization offers many programs,
including a nationally syndicated radio show on SiriusXM and public
stations, and an acclaimed school program.

As the mission statement suggests, the narrated concert series celebrates
classic musical theater: Past productions have included
“docu-concerts” on *The Fantasticks,
Carousel, Shuffle Along*, *Fiddler on the Roof* and *Oklahoma!* TMTP also
produces tributes to songwriters including Cy Coleman, Cole Porter, and
next season, in partnership with Cleveland Jazz Orchestra, George and Ira
Gershwin. “Thematic” concerts have included “Vocal Minority: Female
Songwriters” and "I Am What I Am: Gays, Lesbians and The American Musical."

By honoring *classic*—not for the most part contemporary—musical theater,
we are also preserving* two vocal traditions*: One is singing the classic
musical theater repertoire, embodied by artists such as Barbara Cook, Mary
Martin and John Raitt, or more recently, Audra McDonald, Kelli O'Hara and
Brian Stokes Mitchell. The other—in our annual partnership with CJO—is
singing classic jazz and its relationship to the Great American Songbook,
embodied by artists such as Peggy Lee, Teddi King, Tony Bennett and Johnny
Hartman, or more recently, Diana Krall, Stacey Kent and Harry Connick Jr.

*To be considered*, please submit a HEADSHOT and RESUME along with a VIDEO
AUDITION including two contrasting songs you love that show your
understanding of one or both of these vocal traditions. Songs should
include live or tracked accompaniment. No a cappella singing, please.

*Submissions should be sent to auditions at musicaltheaterproject.org
<auditions at musicaltheaterproject.org> no later than Monday, May 25, 2020
with the subject line "SIY Audition Submission."*
Thank you,
Joanna

[image: photo]
*Joanna May Cullinan - Director of Marketing*
The Musical Theater Project
Ph: 216.860.1518 <W:%20216.860.1518> | joanna at musicaltheaterproject.org
<heather at musicaltheaterproject.org>
MusicalTheaterProject.org <http://musicaltheaterproject.org/>
5755 Granger Road Suite 830 Independence OH 44131
<https://maps.google.com/?q=5755+Granger+Road+Suite+830+Independence+OH+44131&entry=gmail&source=g>
<http://www.facebook.com/TheMusicalTheaterProject/>
<http://www.youtube.com/TheMusicalTheaProj>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/heather-meeker-0727689>
Stay in touch! Receive our monthly TMTP e-newsletter
<http://www.musicaltheaterproject.org/>
Donate - Support TMTP today!
<http://www.musicaltheaterproject.org/donate.html>