[NEohioPAL] Center for Applied Drama and Autism - Online Fall Drama Classes

Kiersten van der Zyden kiersten at centerforada.org
Mon Aug 10 10:33:30 PDT 2020

*The Center for Applied Drama and Autism*

*Enrollment now open for our online Fall Classes*

The Center for Applied Drama and Autism (CADA) is dedicated to inspiring
the growth and empowerment of diverse individuals on the autism spectrum
through theatre-based programming.  In response to Covid-19, we have
transitioned to exclusively offering online classes, camps, and workshops
allowing our students to participate and create from the comfort of their
own homes!

Registration is open for our upcoming fall drama classes!  Each camp is
$100 for a one-week session.  Registering multiple children?  Ask us about
our sibling discount!

*All the World’s A Stage – Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. - Noon*

*September 12th – November 14th, Ages 8 - 16*

Theatre games and activities are designed to promote social skills and
emotional development. Class size is limited to 6 students.  New students
and their parents will meet with the teachers prior to the start of the
class for a get-to-know-you session.

*Next Stage Transitions Workshop – Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. – Noon*

*September 12th – November 14th, Teens and Young Adults.*

Recommended for teens and young adults going through life transitions.  A
drama class focused on individual growth through collaboration. Each
student’s unique abilities will be incorporated within a group performance
piece developed over ten weeks. Family and friends will be invited to
attend on the final day of sharing.

*Comedy Class – Mondays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.*

*September 14th – November 16th, Teens and Adults*

Explore all aspects of comedy including improv, joke telling, stand-up
comedy, sketch writing, comic monologues, and slapstick comedy teams. This
course will culminate in a live performance to share with family and
friends.

*Improv for All – Tuesdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.*

*September 15th – November 17th, Teens and Adults*

A beginning improv class for teens and adults of all abilities:  learn the
basics of improv right from the comfort of your home. Learn how to create
characters, build scenes, and learn what "yes and" is all about.

*The Writers’ Room – Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.*

*September 16th – November 18th, Teens and Adults*

Engage in a collaborative writing project to create a pilot comedy video to
appear on YouTube. This course will cover the basics of comedy writing.

*Speak the Speech – Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.*

*September 17th – November 19th, Teens and Adults*

Explore Shakespeare's words and speeches as vehicles through which
communication can be made more accessible and enjoyable. This is an
excellent class for improving speech and articulation as well as for
fostering an appreciation for the wisdom and wit of William Shakespeare’s
characters and stories

*Beginning Acting for Adults – Thursdays, 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.*

*September 17th – November 19th, Teens and Adults*

Covering the essential basics of the actors’ toolkit, this class will
provide physical and vocal training, plus monologue and scene work.

For more information or to register for one of our upcoming camps, visit:
http://www.centerforada.org/classes.html

*Kiersten van der Zyden*
Marketing Intern, *The Center for Applied Drama and Autism*

*Email: kiersten at centerforada.org <kiersten at centerforada.org>*
*Web: centerforada.org <http://centerforada.org>*