[NEohioPAL] Weathervane's Fall virtual classes for youth and adults

Lauren Sprowls lsprowls at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Wed Aug 19 11:45:40 PDT 2020

Weathervane Playhouse is excited to offer Fall Virtual classes starting in September!

Fall Virtual Classes for Youth

We will be offering NEW classes all designed to be taught virtually by some of your favorite Weathervane teachers. Although the classes have a new twist, they still follow the same goals and objectives as our on-site classes. Youth class offerings serve students ages 5-17.

Learn more and register at: https://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com/fall-virtual-academy-2020

Fall Virtual Classes for Adults

We are excited to announce our Fall Virtual Classes for Adults! All classes will be done via ZOOM, a link will be sent out via email and will be available through your ACTIVE account.

The fall session will be 6 weeks long starting September 13th!

Acting for the Camera
Sundays, September 13th-October 18th (6 weeks)
6:00-7:00 p.m.
 $75.00
Taught by Associate Artistic Director, Fred Gloor, this virtual course will meet once a week via ZOOM to study how to approach acting for the camera vs. the stage. Throughout the 6 weeks, students will discuss different techniques, etiquette, and preparation needed for acting for the camera through scene work and different exercises. Students will be able to work together and individually to enhance their new skills on camera. Lights, camera, action!

Costume Character Study: from the script to the stage
Mondays, September 14th -October 19th (6 weeks)
6:00-7:00 p.m.
 $75.00
Taught by Resident Costume Designer, Jasen Smith, this class is a study of character design for the stage.  We will look at a character's journey through a show. Using the script as a starting point we will research historical periods and societal standards and norms to greater understand the character so we can create a character based design.

Learn more and register at: https://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com/fall-virtual-adult-classes-2020

Contact: Lauren Mathis, Education Director
lmathis at weathervaneplayhouse.com<mailto:lmathis at weathervaneplayhouse.com>
330-836-2626 x35
1301 Weathervane Lane
Akron, OH 44313