[NEohioPAL] Introducing Imposters Theater - A home for alternative comedy in Cleveland & Beyond!

Imposters Comedy imposterscomedy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 08:51:01 PDT 2020

*Introducing Imposters Theater - *
*A home for alternative comedy in Cleveland & beyond!*
We are excited to announce the (virtual) launch of Imposters Theater! [image:
🪐] Imposters is a home for improv, sketch, alternative comedy & other
nonsense rooted in Cleveland, Ohio & beyond!! Eventually we hope to have a
physical home. For now, we live in the void.

We have many exciting virtual classes, workshops, and events coming up:
The Yes, And Improv Jam hosted by Alex Heckman
<https://www.imposterstheater.com/schedule/the-yes-and-jam-hosted-by-alex-heckman>
Wednesday August 26th 7pm
Whether you're an experienced vet or someone with zero experience, this
event is free and open to anyone. It's a great way to practice your skills
and meet others in the community.
Sketch Comedy Writing Level 1 with Michael Busch
<https://www.imposterstheater.com/schedule/sketch-writing-one>
Begins Thursday September 3rd 7pm
In this 8-week course you will learn proper script formatting, ways to
generate ideas, tips on the writing process, how to confidently pitch ideas
in a writers room setting, and you'll come away with 4 polished sketches.
Emotion Builds Character Improv Workshop with Dana Quercioli
<https://www.imposterstheater.com/schedule/emotion-builds-character>
Saturday September 5th 12pm
Dana is a Cleveland native and former Second City Chicago performer and
instructor. This workshop will focus on how to create real characters and
connections in your improvisation.
Late Night Submission Packet Workshop with Michael Busch
<https://www.imposterstheater.com/schedule/late-night-submissions-packet-workshop>
Begins Monday September 14th 7pm
At the end of this 6-week workshop you will have a polished late night
comedy submission packet.

Feel free to email imposterscomedy at gmail to join our email list or with
any questions, and follow us on social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ImpostersComedy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ImpostersComedy/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/imposterscomedy

*About the Artistic Director - Michael Busch*
Originally from Mentor, Ohio, Michael brings 15 years of experience in the
Los Angeles entertainment industry and live comedy scene back to Cleveland
to help support and build the vibrant local community. He is a graduate of
the IO improv program and has studied at UCB with founders Matt Walsh and
Matt Besser, among others. He was on house improv teams at both IO West and
UCB, and a sketch house team at UCB. He has written and produced sketches
and web series for places such as FunnyorDie, Comedy Central, CollegeHumor,
AwesomenessTV, and Defy Media. His acting credits include Conan, The
Goldbergs, Pretty Little Liars, and Human Giant. Since returning to
Cleveland, Michael has been teaching improv and comedy writing classes as
well as producing and performing in live shows.