[NEohioPAL] Radio PLAY - Wandering Aesthetics Upcoming Youth Class

Wandering “Wandering Aesthetics” Aesthetics watheatre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:35:59 PDT 2020

Radio PLAY

Saturdays (9/19 - 12/5)
Session #1 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Ages 5 - 9)
Session #2 @ 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM (Ages 9 - 14)
Entire Session: $130

"I think radio plays are my favourite medium, as they make the listener work and create and contribute in a way that TV and film can never do, and they have an immediacy that written prose often lacks."
~ Neil Gaiman

We’re living in a virtual world, so why not get with the times?! Radio PLAY is designed to teach students all about radio dramas. Working closely with Mr. Kyle and Mr. Matt over Zoom, students will learn all about radio plays, from foley to vocal work and even background music, before creating one of their very own.

Radio plays are theatrical performances that are purely auditory; there is no visual aspect, so performers must rely on their vocal performances to convey the meaning of the story to the audience. Radio PLAY will help the students develop performance skills like projection, diction, and characterization, while also allowing them plenty of freedom to be creative!

The students will create a radio drama to be presented over Zoom on Saturday, December 5th.

This class will be held virtually over ZOOM.

Visit watheatre.com/youth <http://watheatre.com/youth> to register.