[NEohioPAL] Stream CVLT's "The Dixie Swim Club" next weekend only!

Andrew Rothman cvlt at cvlt.org
Sat Sep 19 14:45:35 PDT 2020

Relive the laughter of CVLT's 2010 smash hit comedy
*The Dixie Swim Club*

*by** Jesse Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooten*

Streaming online for one weekend only!

*September 25, 26 and 27*

*Pay what you wish. Watch when you want.*
Reserve Now!
<https://cvlt.org/events/dixieswimclub?utm_source=ArtsPeople&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Dixie>

Visit CVLT.org/events/dixieswimclub
<https://cvlt.org/events/dixieswimclub?utm_source=ArtsPeople&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Dixie>
to purchase your admission (PayPal or Credit Card) at whatever price you
choose.* Then return to the site with the supplied password at any time
from 12:01 AM on Fri. 9/25 to midnight on Sun. 9/27 to view our archival
video of this outstanding show from our 80th Season.

* $10 minimum is suggested. Greater amounts are highly encouraged. Your
ticket purchase will help CVLT meet financial obligations until in-person
productions can be safely resumed. We thank you for sustaining the
theatrical arts in the Chagrin Valley!

*About the Play*

*The Dixie Swim Club* is a heartwarming comedy about the power of
friendship. Five Southern women who met on their college swim team reunite
at the same beach cottage every summer to recharge their friendships. Free
from their husbands, children, and jobs, the ladies catch up, laugh, swig
martinis, and meddle in each other’s lives.

*The Dixie Swim Club* focuses on four of those weekends and spans a period
of thirty-three years, during which life flings challenges at them, throws
wrenches into their plans, and helps them prove the enduring power of
'teamwork'. The play has been compared to *Steel Magnolias* and *The
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants* for its healthy mix of witty jabs and
touching moments.

*"Veteran director Barbara L. Rhoades has wisely assembled a uniformly
marvelous cast that brings these five characters to life and makes them
interesting and inviting. Each actress takes risks that pay huge
dividends."*

*Bob Abelman, News-Herald (6/11/10)*

CVLT's 2010 production featured a remarkable ensemble of women. Sheree
(Jackie Cassara), is the spunky team captain, who desperately tries to
maintain her organized and ‘perfect’ life. Overachieving Dinah (Chris
White) is the wise-cracking career dynamo whose victories in the courtroom
are in stark contrast to the frustrations of her personal life. Lexie
(Denise Larkin) is the pampered and outspoken one, determined to hold on to
her youth through various marriages. Self-deprecating and acerbic,
Vernadette (Kate Tonti) is acutely aware of the dark cloud that hovers over
her life, and has decided to just give in and embrace the chaos. And sweet,
eager-to-please Jeri Neal (Jenny Barrett) experiences a late entry into
motherhood that takes them all by surprise.

"When I read *The Dixie Swim Club* I thoroughly enjoyed it. It offered
everything I love in a great show," says director Barbara L. Rhoades. "This
play is a combination of every emotion we can experience: laughter, love,
anger, forgiveness, sadness and more. The actors in *Dixie Swim* became a
family of friends right from the auditions through to opening night.
Rehearsals were a joyful experience for everyone and these wonderful women
worked hard to make every emotion real and honest."

"From the time we met at the first read-through, the bond and chemistry
were instantaneous," recalls Chris White. "We *were* The Dixie Swim Club!"
Co-star Jenny Barrett, who made her acting debut in this play, took leading
roles in several subsequent CVLT comedies but still considers the *Dixie
Swim* cast among the most talented she's worked with.

Join us on September 25, 26, or 27 at any time you like, for any price you
choose, to help sustain CVLT beyond 'social distancing' and to re-live this
"lightning in a bottle" comedy from our 80th Season.

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is located at 40 River St. in Chagrin Falls
and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit funded through individual and corporate
contributions along with a grant from the Ohio Arts Council and by the
citizens of Cuyahoga Country through Cuyahoga County Arts and Culture.