[NEohioPAL] RBG Returns to the Cedar Lee Theatre and Chagrin Cinemas

Dave Huffman dhuffman at clevelandcinemas.com
Mon Sep 21 12:31:19 PDT 2020

For Immediate Release

Contact: David Huffman, Cleveland Cinemas Director of Marketing

  440.349.3306 dhuffman at clevelandcinemas.com<mailto:dhuffman at clevelandcinemas.com>

September 21, 2020

RBG RETURNS TO THE CEDAR LEE THEATRE AND CHAGRIN CINEMAS

Proceeds benefit that profits from the special return engagement ACLU Women’s Rights Project

(Cleveland, OH) The recent passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a great loss to our nation and Cleveland Cinemas wants to honor her legacy with a return engagement of the award-winning documentary RBG starting September 25th. The film will be shown both at the Cedar Lee Theatre (2163 Lee Rd., Cleveland Hts.) and Chagrin Cinemas (8200 E. Washington St., Chagrin Falls) as well as in the Cleveland Cinemas Virtual Screening Room.

The film’s distributor, Magnolia Pictures, will be donating profits from the special return engagement to the ACLU Women’s Rights Project, which Justice Ginsburg co-founded in 1972.

“The passing of Justice Ginsburg is the latest challenge our nation has faced in 2020,” says Jonathan Forman, President of Cleveland Cinemas. “We couldn’t think of a better way to pay tribute to this iconic figure than by bringing back this wonderful documentary about her life to our screens.”

Tickets to see the film at the Cedar Lee Theatre or Chagrin Cinemas will be $5. Tickets to watch the film via the Virtual Screening Room at home will be $6.99. All tickets can be purchased online at clevelandcinemas.com.

Cleveland Cinemas in-theatre CinemaSafe protocols include:

  *   Social distancing markers in lobby to ensure proper space between patrons in lines.
  *   Touchless purchase options at the box office and concession stand.
  *   Patrons will be encouraged to purchase tickets online at clevelandcinmeas.com or fandango.com in advance to reduce points of contact.
  *   Staff members will have temperatures taken before clocking in for shifts.
  *   Staff members will be required to wear masks while working.
  *   Staff members will be required to wash their hands frequently.
  *   Staff will routinely disinfect frequent customer touch points.
  *   Plexiglass dividers have been installed at registers.
  *   Patrons will be required to wear masks while in the building except when eating or drinking.
  *   Auditorium seating capacity will be reduced to 50% and seats and rows will be closed to ensure social distancing during the films.
  *   Showtimes will be spaced further apart to reduce crowds in lobby as well as allow for more time for cleaning and disinfecting the auditoriums between shows.
  *   Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the building.

###