[NEohioPAL] School of Dancing Wheels Updated Fall Schedule!

Matthew Bowman school at dancingwheels.org
Sat Oct 3 16:08:49 PDT 2020

Hello!

If you are still looking for dance classes for students of all ages and abilities, please consider our classes at the School of Dancing Wheels. Located in Midtown Cleveland, just east of CSU campus, our accessible studios allow our talented teaching artists to offer classes to students both disabled and non-disabled alike.

As most organizations have learned regarding their programming throughout 2020--nothing is the same as we once knew due to COVID-19. As such, the School of Dancing Wheels is committed to adapting as necessary in order to continue providing our physically integrated classes for students of all abilities. We seek to ensure that our studios remain safe spaces for dancers, so our Fall Session 2020 schedule has been updated accordingly to allow for 15 minute breaks between each class. This time will be utilized to sanitize commonly touched surfaces, wash hands, and provide the dancers with short breaks in between classes.

These changes will begin the week of Monday, October 12th.

Our updated Fall Session 2020 Class Schedule is as follows:

Tuesdays, 5-6pm - Yoga
Wednesdays, 5-6pm - Tap
Thursdays, 5-6pm - Contemporary
Saturdays, 10-11am - Adult/Teen Ballet
Saturdays, 11:15am-12:15pm - Jazz Funk
Saturdays, 12:30pm-1:30pm - Wheelchair Technique
Saturdays, 1:45pm-2:45pm - Performance Ensemble

Please note: This updated schedule requires a later ending time for our Saturday afternoon classes. The Performance Ensemble will now be released at 2:45pm, rather than 2:30pm.

In addition, Wheelchair Technique has been extended to a full hour. This foundational class allows students of all abilities to understand the translation of choreography, the various types of propulsions and turns that we practice, and they can in turn apply these techniques to all of their physically integrated classes at the School of Dancing Wheels.

Drop-in Classes

We are pleased to be offering drop-in classes at the School of Dancing Wheels. While many studios have decided to not allow drop-ins from students not registered for the entirety of their Fall programming, we feel that it is important to offer a safe and supportive environment in which dancers of all abilities can find continued physical and creative expression. We are following many COVID-19 health & safety practices, including taking temperatures and sanitizing hands immediately upon arrival, wearing masks at all times while at our accessible studios, and socially distancing in class. Refer to our Fall Session 2020 schedule above, tell a friend, and come dance with us!

For more information about our physically integrated dance classes, the schedule, our COVID-19 health & safety practices, and more, visit

dancingwheels.org/dancing-wheels-school/in-studio-classes <http://dancingwheels.org/dancing-wheels-school/in-studio-classes>

or contact the Director of the School of Dancing Wheels, Matthew Bowman, at school at dancingwheels.org <mailto:school at dancingwheels.org> or by phone at (216) 432-0306 ext 204.

Matthew J. Bowman
[ he / him / his ]
Company Dancer
Director of the School of Dancing Wheels
Marketing & Social Media Manager

The Dancing Wheels Company & School

World Center for Integrated Dance & Arts Access
3030 Euclid Avenue - Suite 100
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Phone: 216.432.0306 ext 204
Website: dancingwheels.org/dancing-wheels-school/
Facebook: The School of Dancing Wheels
Instagram: @schoolofdancingwheels