[NEohioPAL] DANCECleveland Presents Agua Furiosa- CONTRA TIEMPO Dance-Virtual performance

Sarah Sumbrum sarah at dancecleveland.org
Wed Oct 14 12:22:39 PDT 2020

*DANCECleveland Presents Agua Furiosa- CONTRA TIEMPO Dance-Virtual
performance*
*Streaming Starts Sat. Oct. 17 - Wed. Oct 21. *
*Online tickets at DANCECleveland.org. *
Enjoy our virtual presentation of one of L.A.'s most remarkable
contemporary dance companies, CONTRA-TIEMPO, as they perform "Agua Furiosa".
Agua Furiosa challenges audiences to confront the harsh realities of race
in our country. The work was inspired by Shakespeare's The Tempest and Oya,
the Afro-Cuban deity of wind and storms. Led by artistic director and
choreographer Ana María Alvarez, the work utilizes the company's unique,
unapologetic movement work rooted in the Afro-Latin Diaspora.
Founded and directed by Ana Maria Alvarez in 2005, the company brings to
life voices that are not traditionally heard on the concert stage. Rooted
in Salsa and Afro-Cuban styles and drawing movement from Hip-Hop, urban,
and contemporary dance-theater, the company blends these styles to create a
unique movement vocabulary. Ana Maria Alvarez was recently named a 2020
Doris Duke Artist.
For ticket information Visit:
https://www.dancecleveland.org
<https://www.dancecleveland.org/events/2020/10/10/fall-for-dancecleveland--virtual-fall-series?fbclid=IwAR2xqpqb3eGMktU909kvVlSiy6uzP9db_Owch1qCpcQo9kqjelVozuUiuWc>

*Sarah Sumbrum **(Formerly Hricko)*
Marketing & Associate Artistic Director
DANCECleveland
13110 Shaker Square, Suite 106
Cleveland, Ohio 44120
p. 216-991-9000
f. 216-991-9001
sarah at dancecleveland.org <sdurham at dancecleveland.org>

*Fall for DANCECleveland! Our Virtual Fall Series featuring Ballet
Hispanico, Contra Tiempo, BODYTRAFFIC and David Dorfman Dance Starts
Streaming  Oct 10th! Learn more at DANCECleveland.org*

*Then, in 2021 we hope to be back in the theatres together again with
Ronald K.Brown/Evidence, Caleb Teicher & Company & Pam Tanowitz Dance with
Simone Dinnerstein!* Visit www.dancecleveland.org for more information. *Like
DANCECleveland
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/DANCECleveland/143084909898?ref=ts> on
Facebook & follow us on Twitter! <https://twitter.com/DANCECleveland>*