[NEohioPAL] Enjoy the great play "Other Desert Cities" - Charity Fundraiser

Richard Zenk richardjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 16:44:36 PDT 2020

On October 24 and/or November 1, see one of the best shows written by Jon
Robin Baitz: OTHER DESERT CITIES produced by Equality Productions and
directed by Brian Westerley.

Brooke Wyeth returns home to Palm Springs after a six-year absence to
celebrate Christmas with her parents, her brother, and her aunt. Brooke
announces that she is about to publish a memoir dredging up a pivotal and
tragic event in the family’s history—a wound they don’t want re-opened. In
effect, she draws a line in the sand and dares them all to cross it.

The talented group of actors who volunteered their talents to raise money
for worthy organizations is:

Brooke - Melanie Korman

Lyman - Kevin Jones

Polly - Rose Gabriele

Silda - Mindy Shaw

Trip - Kieron Cindric

TO GET THE YOUTUBE LINK for the recording, send a donation to one or more
of the organizations listed below. The suggested donation is $10, but
donate what you can. Then email equalityproductionscincy at gmail.com how much
you donated and to which organization so we can total the donations given.
In return, you will receive a link to the recording on 10/24 or 11/1 to
view the show. The recording will only be available to view those two days.

Organizations that were chosen by the director and the cast:

1) ASPCA - For over 150 years, the ASPCA has worked tirelessly to put an
end to animal abuse and neglect. We are a national leader in animal rescue,
protection and placement, and your tax-deductible donation will help fight
cruelty and make a life-changing difference for animals across America.
#aspca - https://www.aspca.org/ways-to-give

2) ACLU - The ACLU has been at the center of nearly every major civil
liberties battle in the U.S. for over 100 years. This vital work depends on
the support of ACLU members in all 50 states and beyond. #aclu -
https://action.aclu.org/give/now

3) NAMI - NAMI is the nation's largest grassroots mental health
organization. We are dedicated to improving the lives of millions of
Americans affected by mental illness. We strive to create a better
tomorrow—a tomorrow where all people affected by mental illness can
experience hope, recovery and wellness in a world free of stigma. #nami -
https://www.nami.org/About-NAMI/Donate-to-NAMI

Equality Productions produces online theater and is expected to raise
nearly $2000 in 2020 for charitable organizations in the US and Canada. Its
mission is to produce theater that focuses on the voices of women, people
of color, and the LBGTQIA+ communities and to raise money for charitable
organizations. Visit its Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/Equality-Productions-in-Cincinnati-OH-105457637814367