[NEohioPAL] Rebecca Book to Screen. A free event and a fundraiser for SAG-AFTRA

Margaret Reardon margaret at margaretreardonmarketing.com
Sat Oct 31 14:32:37 PDT 2020

About this Event

"Last Night I Dreamt I Went To Manderley Again."

Since its publication
<https://www.literaryladiesguide.com/book-reviews/rebecca-by-daphne-du-maurier-1938-a-review/>in
1938 to the 1940 movie adaptation  <https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032976/>to
the 2020 version
<https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235695/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3> streaming
on Netflx this story has mesmerized for over 80 years. There was even a PBS
series <https://www.pbs.org/show/rebecca/> thrown in along the way.

Let's talk about why that is and how it treatments have morphed over the
years reflecting contemporary mores and trends. And let's talk about how
the film community, and some of its biggest stars have been mesmerized over
the years as well.

This event is free to attend. Donations will be accepted to support The
Disaster Relief Fund of SAG-AFTRA
<https://sagaftra.foundation/assistance/disasterrelief/>

Hope to see you there even if you can't donate.

Margaret
www.margaretreardonmarketing.com