[NEohioPAL] THE MIRROR EFFECT by Oana Leuca - Thu, Nov 19 @ 7pm

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 08:46:35 PST 2020

Playwrights Local Presents

A Free Reading of a New Play

THE MIRROR EFFECT

Written by Oana Leuca

Directed by Christine McBurney

*Thursday, November 19 at 7:00 pm*

*Presented Online via Zoom*

INFO & ZOOM ACCESS

http://www.playwrightslocal.org/fall-roundtable-series-2020/

FEATURING

Tammy Shanley

Lana Sugarman

Sheena D. Robertson

Heidi Hackney

Nadia Tarnawsky

Samantha Cocco

Molly McFadden

SYNOPSIS

The Mirror Effect presents Amanda Reis, a self-searching female writer who
explores her inner life through language and disguise. Her story is
inspired by the lives and work of other female artists (Sylvia Plath,
Virginia Woolf, Anne Sexton, Marylin Monroe, etc.). Her poetic monologue is
an astronaut’s shout in space, a place where sound waves can’t travel. She
is a clown afraid of clowns, an actress trying to free herself from her
persona.

ABOUT THE PLAYWRIGHT

Oana Leuca is a Romanian-born poet and playwright. She immigrated to the
USA in 2018 and is currently pursuing her MFA in playwriting through the
NEOMFA. At the 2020 NEOMFA Playwrights Festival, convergence-continuum
produced one of her plays, Autopoiesis. In April 2020, she won the Leonard
Trawick Scholarship in creative writing.

ABOUT THE COMPANY

Playwrights Local is a theater company in Cleveland. As a playwrights’
center, our goal is to provide a home for dramatic writing in Northeast
Ohio. We offer classes and workshops, produce original plays, provide
networking opportunities, and engage the community through outreach
projects. Learn more about programs such as our
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/young-playwrights-collective-ypc/>Fall
Roundtable Series
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/fall-roundtable-series-2020/> and our
annual Open Call for Submissions