[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Clue: Stay-At-Home Version

Tim Anderson, Education Director education at broadview-heights-spotlights.org
Mon Nov 16 09:14:51 PST 2020

Watch the Audition Announcement/Trailer here.
<https://youtu.be/g81mrLcMIs0>

The Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater will hold auditions for *Clue:
Stay-At-Home Version, *a live-streaming production that will run February
5, 6, 12, & 13, 2021. *Based on the iconic 1985 Paramount movie* which was
inspired by the classic Hasbro board game, *Clue* is a hilarious
farce-meets-murder mystery. The tale begins at a remote mansion, where six
mysterious guests assemble for an unusual dinner party where murder and
blackmail are on the menu. When their host turns up dead, they all become
suspects. Led by the butler Wadsworth, Miss Scarlet, Professor Plum, Mrs.
White, Mr. Green, Mrs. Peacock and Colonel Mustard race to find the killer
as the body count stacks up. The characters and the audience must try to
figure out who, where, and with what.

“With the uncertainty of our ability to provide a live, in-person, we felt
it necessary to plan something exciting to start our 2021 season,” says Tim
Anderson, Education Director for the Spotlights and the director for this
production.  “This show is based on a movie with sort of a cult following
among theater types.  Our production will still have a very theatrical
feel, including full costumes, a scale model of a set, and sound effects.”
The Spotlights produced a successful run of a virtual production of *The
Secret Life of Girls *in October.

Auditions for *Clue *will be held virtually on *Sunday, December 6, from
2:00 – 4:00PM* and *Monday, December 7, from 7:00 PM to 9:00PM*.  Please
visit www.broadview-heights-spotlights.org to sign up and/or for more
information.

All rehearsals, which will begin minimally in December, and performances
will be held virtually.  Participants must have a device with a web camera
and reliable internet access.  Cast members also will need to pick up
costumes and props at the Spotlights Theater in Broadview Heights in
mid-January.  Additional questions may be sent to the director at
education at broadview-heights-spotlights.org.