[NEohioPAL] Ensemble 10 Minute ZOOM Reading Series continues Monday @7pm!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Fri Nov 27 20:09:03 PST 2020

*Ensemble Theatre’s Stagewright’s Unit is thrilled to continue with our
sixth Monday night*, of we hope many, as part of our *10 minute Play
Reading Series via Zoom*, streamed LIVE on Ensemble Theatre’s Facebook
page! During these uncertain times, practicing social distancing and
mitigating the spread of Covid-19, we are finding creative ways to stay
connected!

Join us EVERY OTHER MONDAY @7PM and enjoy original works of local
playwrights sharing their voices with our community and the world around us!
Join us for a Q&A afterward. You can submit questions/comments via the ZOOM
chat function or via the comments on our Facebook Livestream!

*HERE IS THE LINE UP FOR OUR FIRST ZOOM OF OUR SERIES :: MONDAY NOVEMBER
30th @7pm :: *
*Please Note: **We will be taking a break for December. We will resume the
second Monday in January (11th) 2021. *

*BLACK BOUGIE  :: By Jeanne Madison ::*
On the eve of their daughter’s cotillion, Claire and Louis Hopegoode, an
upper middle class African American family, see their plans for the perfect
debutante ball collide with a Black Lives Matter protest over the murder of
another young Black man by police. The stakes are high when the Hopegoodes
come face-to-face with a reality they thought they had escaped by moving to
the suburbs. With sharp, and witty dialog this story will captivate from
the first line to the surprise ending.

*Peter Lawson Jones** *as Louis Hopegoode* :: *Treva Offutt **as Claire
Hopegoode* ::  *Rochelle Jackson-Days **as Marie Deadwyler *:: *Emily
Terry* *as
Evvie Hopegoode* :: *Robert Branch* as Sarge :: *Peter Ribar** as Officer
Smith *::
*Taya Offutt Decker* *as Louis Hopegoode, Jr*. ::

*Jeanne Madison* is an actress and writer. She is the recipient of the 2018
Cleveland Scene Theatre Award for Best Actress in a Comedy for her
work in *Sassy
Mamas* at Karamu House. Included in her favorite roles are: *The Velocity
of Autumn *at Karamu House; *Picnic* at Oberlin Theater Festival; *The
Oldest Profession* at convergence continuum, *Talking With* at Weathervane
Playhouse, *Left In Ink* at Cleveland Public Theater, and roles with the
2017 & 2018 Cleveland Shakespeare Festival; as well as* Prelude to a Kiss*
at Ensemble Theater. She holds a BA and an MBA from Case Western Reserve
University, and recently completed Scene Study and Playwriting Master
Classes at The Cleveland Play House. She is thrilled to have her work
produced in Ensemble Theater’s 10 Minute Play Reading Series.

*KEEPERS OF THE FLAME :: By Cynthia Dettelbach ::*
In a nursing home, on the eve of their respective holidays, a nurse and her
patient break the rules as they become,for one moment in time, each other’s
cherished family.

*Marcia Mandell* *as Ruth Gold* :: *Mary Werntz **as Mary O’Shawnessy*
:: *Agnes
Herrmann* *will read Stage Directions ::

*Cindy Dettelbach* has been a member of Stagewrights  since its inception
some ten years ago. Several of her plays, including *“For the Love of a
Leica” *and *“Choices"* were produced as part of the Colombi New Plays
Festival held at Ensemble each March. Her play, “Invisible,” slated for
opening in late March 2020, was sidelined by Covid19. Cindy has had her
scripts “No Good Deed” & “Rodeo in the Dialysis Room” read as part of this
series!

*A BLAST FROM THE PAST :: By Joey Bauer ::*
This dark comedy, a two-hander, focuses on a Cleveland author and a former
lover, now in their 70's, whom haven't connected for some forty years. Fate
brings them back together, and their reunion is loaded with laughs and
tears, as they let their respective skeletons out of the  closet to dance
up a storm.

*Agnes Herrmann* **as Chantal* ::* Paul Slimak** *as Joey *::

*Joey Bauer* is a native son of Lower East Side Cleveland’s Kinsman Road,
our nation’s highest civilian honor, he studied undergrad at Ohio State and
grad at Kent State, had a stint in the Marines and passed the latter ‘70’s
on faculty at the University of Akron and his hometown’s Cuyahoga Community
College, hosting a popular talk show on which he interviewed visiting
entertainers, Marvin Gaye among them. Determined to cash a ticket for the
Hollywood Trifecta: *“Money for Nothing,” “Forever Young” *and *“Starlet
Sleepovers,” *he relocated to Los Angeles in 1980, where he imparted
academics to teen stars, including Drew Barrymore, the day job, and wrote
for film and stage, the passion. His play, *“On the Wall,” *presented by
L.A.’s Barnsdall Gallery Theatre, was a hit. Also,* “Hotel California,”*
his drama, and *“Hollywood Cowboy,”*  his bedroom farce, among others, were
both read at Cleveland’s Ensemble Theatre. Yours truly’s movie-set
adventures at the Tinseltown Dream Factory were defined by such extremes of
thrill and spill that he recorded them in a risqué memoir, * “Hollywood
Raw,” *published by S.P.I. Books, landing him on several national
television and radio programs.
*(*Denotes Member of Actors' Equity Association)*

*CLICK HERE TO NAVIGATE TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE'S FACEBOOK PAGE TO WATCH OUR
LIVE STREAM @7PM, Monday
<https://www.facebook.com/EnsembleTheatreCleveland/>*.
Email us at* plays at ensemble-theatre.org <plays at ensemble-theatre.org>* for a
ZOOM link if that is the only platform via which you can attend the reading
or if you have any questions. No phone calls please.
We recommend it if you are able to watch via Ensemble’s FACEBOOK LIVE. Tune
in @7pm.

ALL OF THE PLAYS READING AS PART OF OUR MONDAY SERIES ARE FREE TO THE
PUBLIC. NO DONATION IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE!

DONATIONS TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE ARE ALWAYS WELCOME, ESPECIALLY DURING THESE
UNCERTAIN TIMES.
*CLICK HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE!*
<http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/donations> WE ARE SO GRATEFUL FOR THE
SUPPORT!
*CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR 10 MINUTE PLAY SERIES
<http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/10-minute-readings-zoom>*, OUR
PLAYWRIGHTS, AND UPDATES TO OUR LINE UP FOR EACH MONDAY.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ENSEMBLE THEATRE, OUR NEW SERIES, AND WE LOOK
FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN OUR VIRTUAL AUDIENCE.
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! We look forward to when we can meet again in
person!