[NEohioPAL] Imposters Theater Announces January Improv & Comedy Writing Workshops

Imposters Comedy imposterscomedy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 18:31:27 PST 2020

*Imposters Theater Announces January Improv & Comedy Writing Workshops*
Imposters Theater (https://www.imposterstheater.com/) is a home for
alternative comedy and other nonsense in Cleveland, Ohio, and beyond. Our
goal is to foster a creative and inclusive space to support, showcase,
educate, and grow Cleveland’s vibrant alternative and independent comedy
scene. We strive to amplify Northeast Ohio’s unique comedic voices through
a variety of shows, workshops, and classes from experienced performers &
instructors with years of professional experience in the entertainment
industry.

*January Workshops*

Intro To Sketch Comedy
https://www.imposterstheater.com/current/p/intro-to-sketch-comedy

Tuesday 01/05 7-9pm EST

In this workshop we’ll watch and break down some classic sketches to learn
terms and building blocks common to most sketch comedy, learn techniques to
generate sketch ideas, and discuss how to confidently pitch your idea in a
writers room. Each participant will have a chance to pitch their sketch
idea and get feedback from the instructor.

Start Getting Started: 5 Tools To Jumpstart Your Comedy Writing
https://www.imposterstheater.com/current/p/5-tools-to-jumpstart-your-comedy-writing

Thursday 01/07 7-9pm EST

It’s an amazing feeling when inspiration strikes - it seems like we can
hardly type fast enough to get all that brilliance from our brains to the
page. But to make it as a writer, you have to teach yourself to write when
you aren’t inspired as well. In this workshop we will focus on practical
ways to get your brain moving when it feels like it’s stuck in park.

Creating Comedic Characters
https://www.imposterstheater.com/current/p/creating-comedic-characters

Saturday 01/16 3-5pm EST

This workshop will go over basic comedic structure, ways to find
inspiration for characters, and how to pitch your idea. Everyone will have
a chance to pitch their character idea, get feedback from the instructor
and the group, and come out of it with a solid plan to bring your character
to life.

Quick, Write That Down! Improvising Your Way To A Script
https://www.imposterstheater.com/current/p/improvising-your-way-to-a-script

Tuesday 01/19 7-9pm EST

Writing can be daunting - staring down a bright white blank screen. Improv
can help you jumpstart that process, and let your mind make connections
without the normal pressure of immediately putting it on a page.

About The Instructor

Michael Busch is a Cleveland native who spent 15 years in LA working in
comedy as an actor, writer, and producer. He has produced and written
digital content with millions of views for places such as FunnyorDie,
CollegeHumor, Comedy Central, AwesomenessTV, and Defy Media. His acting
credits include The Goldbergs, The Middle, Pretty Little Liars
<https://vimeo.com/220263095>, Human Giant <https://youtu.be/GsgQ44_uFW4>,
Community, and recurring sketches on Conan
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAcWQCkAetar-Yp_XFsANHuzML-16oqcr>.
More
info: https://www.imposterstheater.com/about

All workshops are open to any level experience from absolute beginner to
advanced. 18+ unless otherwise approved by the instructor.