[NEohioPAL] an important message about the effect of the Pandemic on our community

Fred Sternfeld fredsternfeld at neohiopal.org
Tue Jan 12 09:53:39 PST 2021

Dear Neohiopal Subscribers,

The last year has been difficult for everyone - both personally and
professionally.

As individual artists we have seen our work dry up. Whether we depend upon
performing arts opportunities for our income, or whether it serves as an
avocation - the hole it has created in our lives runs deep.

For many arts organizations the loss of creating and presenting in person
events has created a crisis that puts your very existence in jeopardy. You
have bravely created many online opportunities for education and
performance, while struggling to figure out how to economically maintain
your staff and facility.

The good news is that with the arrival of vaccines the end is in sight.
When will we be able to normalize again? Projections run from the middle of
this year to the beginning of 2022, but no one really knows for sure.

With this (hopefully) once in a century pause in our work, Neohiopal has
delayed the start of our usual January campaign for donations. We will
start the campaign in February. It will be different this year. Rather than
post several times a week for a month there will be only two posts. Once on
February 1st and once on February 28th. With the hardships you are all in
the middle of - no worries at all if you need to skip your donation this
year.

Stay safe.

Warm Regards,

Fred Sternfeld, Owner and Administrator