[NEohioPAL] The Youngstown Playhouse seeks applicants for positions of Executive Director and Artistic Director

Leslie Brown Lbrown1 at neo.rr.com
Mon Jan 18 05:54:40 PST 2021

The Youngstown Playhouse seeks applicants for positions of Executive Director and Artistic Director

For additional information:
http://www.theyoungstownplayhouse.com/news <http://www.theyoungstownplayhouse.com/news>

Executive Director

Position Overview

The Executive Director will work in collaboration with the Artistic Director and report to the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will oversee and manage administrative operations and execute the strategic plan of the organization, working closely with the Board to ensure best practices in financial integrity, development, and communications for the institution’s long-term advancement and sustainability. Immediate priorities include the implementation of a re-envisioned administrative infrastructure, programmatic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, and the completion of ongoing fundraising and capital campaign to successfully position the organization for our forthcoming 100th Anniversary Season (2024).

Work Conditions

The duties of this full-time position may be completed on a partially remote basis with periodic in-person attendance at meetings and events. Must be physically present for major fundraising events, the annual meeting, and the season opening night, along with other activities in partnership with the Board. This is a one-year position with the option to renew at the discretion of the Board of Directors.

Compensation

Starting salary between $20,000 and $30,000, commensurate with experience, to be disbursed in bi-monthly payments via direct deposit.

Artistic Director

Position Overview

The Youngstown Playhouse seeks a dynamic Artistic Director to oversee artistic programming as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic and launch our 97th Season in 2021. The Artistic Director will work in collaboration with the Executive Director and report to the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will execute the programming of the organization, upholding artistic integrity via mainstage productions, special events, and educational/engagement programs. Primary duties include assessing institutional capacity in alignment with season selections, setting creative teams and production schedules, and establishing community partnerships to maximize the impact of our mission and vision. The Artistic Director will serve as a public-facing spokesperson and advocate for the theatre to successfully position the organization for our forthcoming 100th Anniversary Season (2024).

Work Conditions

Part-time, not to exceed 20 hours per week, with attendance required at evening/weekend events and performances.

Compensation

Starting salary between $10,000 and $15,000, commensurate with experience, to be disbursed in bi-monthly payments via direct deposit.

To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to youngstownplayhouse at gmail.com <mailto:youngstownplayhouse at gmail.com> with subject line "Executive Director" or “Artistic Director.” Email submissions only. YP will contact candidates of interest in early February.

Application Deadline
Materials are requested by Monday, January 25.

Anticipated Start Date
April 1, 2021.

Leslie Brown
Co-Treasurer