[NEohioPAL] 🌟:: We're Back :: Ensemble Short Plays Zoom Series continues Monday @7pm!🌟

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Fri Jan 22 04:22:39 PST 2021

*Ensemble Theatre’s Stagewright’s Unit *is thrilled to continue with our*
8th Monday night*, of we hope many, as part of our *10 minute Play Reading
Series via Zoom*, streamed LIVE on *Ensemble Theatre’s Facebook page*!
During these uncertain times, practicing social distancing and mitigating
the spread of Covid-19, we are finding creative ways to stay connected!

Join us EVERY OTHER MONDAY @7PM and enjoy original works of local
playwrights sharing their voices with our community and the world around us!
You can submit questions/comments via the ZOOM chat function or via the
comments on our Facebook Livestream!

*:: Here is the LINE UP for :: MONDAY January 25th @7pm ::*

*WINDOW SHOPPING  :: By Gail (Ife) Young ::*
More While window shopping, Anita and Sophie discover they cannot afford to
purchase any of the evening gowns they have been making at their place of
employment.  They are not ‘okay’ with that revelation.  Mr. Sedwick, an
interrogating attorney discovers a deeper sense of self as he questions the
less fortunate, Anita and Sophie about a crime they allegedly committed.

:: *Tamicka Scruggs **as Anita* :: *Molly McFadden* *as Sofie* ::* Peter
Lawson Jones* **as Mr. Sedwick/Attorney *:: *Agnes Herrmann** *as Narrator*
::

*Gail Young (Ife) *was born, raised, and educated in Cleveland, OH. She has
earned a B.A. in Dramatic Arts from Cleveland State University.  To date,
she has produced a large repertoire of full length and one-act plays,
skits, stories, and songs for all ages. Some of her works have been
presented locally, as well as in various locations, including New York City
where she lived for approximately seven years.  Ife joined Stagewrights, in
2019, shortly after returning to Cleveland. Her future plans are to focus
on theater, film, acting and storytelling. She also plans to perform a
one-woman show, ‘*This Woman Can,’* depicting the life and times of Maggie
Lena Walker, an African American pioneer businesswoman. Ife has authored
adults and children’s books and has a mission to help empower young people
through her writings. For more info send an email to:
ifethestoryteller at gmail.com

*BOXED IN :: By Edward J. Walsh ::*
Darwin Wagonseller sets out to catch the morning bus to work, but ends up
having a conversation that takes him to a very strange place.

:: *Benjamin Gregg* *as Darwin Wagonseller* ::* Paul Slimak** *as the Box *
::

*Ed Walsh *has worn a lot of hats during his writing career in Northeast
Ohio, but his favorite one is that of the playwright. Laboring as a lone
wolf or sometimes as a collaborator, he has seen a number of his efforts
make it to the stage. In Northeast Ohio, his work has been produced at
Dobama Theatre, Cuyahoga Community College-Western Campus Theatre, Berea
Summer Theatre, Kent State University, John Carroll University, and Chagrin
Valley Little Theatre-River Street Playhouse. Two of Walsh’s plays were
performed as part of* The Colombi New Plays Festival *at Ensemble Theatre
in recent years. One of these, *“One-on-One,”* deals with the confrontation
between two white kids and a lone African-American kid on a neighborhood
basketball court. The play was later published, as was Walsh’s adaptation
of “Frankenstein.” The only question is, “What will come out from under
Walsh’s hat next.

*(*Denotes Member of Actors' Equity Association)*

*CLICK HERE TO NAVIGATE TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE'S FACEBOOK PAGE TO WATCH OUR
LIVE STREAM @7PM, Monday
<https://www.facebook.com/EnsembleTheatreCleveland/>*.
Email us at* plays at ensemble-theatre.org <plays at ensemble-theatre.org>* for a
ZOOM link if that is the only platform via which you can attend the reading
or if you have any questions. No phone calls please.
We recommend it if you are able to watch via Ensemble’s FACEBOOK LIVE. Tune
in @7pm.

*ALL OF THE PLAYS READING AS PART OF OUR MONDAY SERIES ARE FREE TO THE
PUBLIC. NO DONATION IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE!*

DONATIONS TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE ARE ALWAYS WELCOME, ESPECIALLY DURING THESE
UNCERTAIN TIMES.
*CLICK HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE!*
<http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/donations> WE ARE SO GRATEFUL FOR THE
SUPPORT!
*CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR 10 MINUTE PLAY SERIES
<http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/10-minute-readings-zoom>*, OUR
PLAYWRIGHTS, AND UPDATES TO OUR LINE UP FOR EACH MONDAY.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ENSEMBLE THEATRE, OUR NEW SERIES, AND WE LOOK
FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN OUR VIRTUAL AUDIENCE.
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! We look forward to when we can meet again in
person!