[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS for Virtual One-Act Play Festival

Tessa Gaffney tessa at centerforada.org
Wed Feb 3 08:27:15 PST 2021

The Center for Applied Drama and Autism solicited scripts from all over the
world in order to present a *VIRTUAL One-Act Play Festival every other
Saturday from May 22 - August 14, 2021. *Now we need talented actors to
bring these playwrights' words to life! Auditions will be held on February
7 from 12-5 PM ET and February 8 from 5-6 PM ET. Auditionees will sign up
for a fifteen-minute time slot; just come prepared to read lines or improv,
and most importantly, have fun!

Gold Treasure

An exciting tale of competing pirates racing to find a trove of golden
treasure!

Directed by: Shannon Uphold

Written by: Declan Carr

Performance Date: May 22

Crossing the River

Three children meet up with an elephant and a monkey as they try to cross a
river in India.

Directed by: Cary Johnston

Written by: Sherin Mary Zacharia

Performance Date: June 5

(This show has been cast and will be performed by Shopworks Theatre Company
in Columbus, OH).

The Journey

A fable about connecting and communicating with a young autistic boy.

Directed by: Wendy Duke

Written by: Linish Balan

Performance Date: June 19

The Bookstore of Doom

A sci-fi thriller set in a bookstore of the future!

Directed by: Camila Kann

Written by: Samir J Hammoud

Performance Date: July 3

The Dinner Party

A classic murder mystery featuring rival detectives and a mysterious host!

Directed by: Carolina Ordonez

Written by: Sid Kranz

Performance Date: July 17

The Case of the Missing Jewelry

An anniversary celebration turns into a mystery at the jewelry store!

Directed by: Jordan Euell

Written by: Griffin Snider

Performance Date: July 31

More than Meets the Eye

An inclusive film project in London that provides opportunities and romance
for the participants!

Directed by: Fran Sillau

Written by: Markia Carter, Vernita Paige, William Branch, Kathleen
Archibald, Frank Ortiz, JR Trinidad, Carmen Santos, Angel Navarro and
Jeffrey Rodriguez

Performance Date: August 14

Check out the play descriptions above to see if you're interested in
auditioning.

Then, fill out the audition form:
https://bit.ly/3ou3R7A And sign up for a time slot: https://bit.ly/3a7sL84
If you have trouble with the form, don't worry, we can help you through it
during your audition. *We hope to see you there!*

--

*Tessa Gaffney*
Marketing Director, *The Center for Applied Drama and Autism*