[NEohioPAL] Casting Male or Female Partner Lead for College Production Short film to Shoot in Ohio City/Cleveland Area

Cameron Kaglic abuserfilm2020 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 05:53:44 PST 2021

Cuyahoga Community College Production
Seeking Male/Female Actors for Lead..
Student short Film in advanced class.
Shooting in the Cleveland/Ohio City area.

ABUSER
Written & Directed by Cam Kaglic

Unpaid part(s), Non-Union.
Credit on film, copy of film & food/snacks provided.
Reply with cover email and headshot or recent photo and resume to the director @ abuserfilm2020 at gmail.com <mailto:abuserfilm2020 at gmail.com>
APPLY AND RESPOND ASAP. SHORT FILM TO START SHOOT IN FEB.
Please include availability for Mar-Apr 2021.

Would prefer a self-tape be sent slated with “my name is, reading for the part of”
Must have phone or camera propped up and not held by actor in a waist up medium shot.
Also would prefer that self-tape be sent via email or YouTube link (unlisted).

About the Film
A young woman Rooney a newly recovered addict, is tested by her deceased partner on the anniversary of their death to get intoxicated trying to cope with the circumstance of their death.

Characters
Rooney is a lates 20s woman who is stubborn but independent, someone who is an addict trying very hard to change but is weak to the influences around her.
Malcolm/Mia is Rooneys partner and has dealt with Rooneys addict behavior for years and just wants her to stop because he/she knows that Rooney can be better she just struggles.

About the Director
As a new director I am a driven hardworking film student looking to gain as much experience as I can before graduating and build those strong relationships with the arts community. I relish in the opportunities to work with new people and create an openly creative set and experience all around.

The sex of the partner character does not matter to the overall narrative so male or female can be cast in this role. The shoot is to begin in March so respond ASAP to receive script and start getting familiar with eh character and the dialogue. The partner character only has a few scenes int eh film but is very very important to the emotional core of the film.