[NEohioPAL] LEAVING HOME - Zoom Reading Feb 24

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 09:58:34 PST 2021

Playwrights Local Presents

A Free Reading of a New Play

LEAVING HOME

Written by Gabrielle DiDonato

Directed by Brooke Turner

Wednesday, February 24 at 7:00 pm

Presented Online via Zoom

INFO & ZOOM ACCESS

http://www.playwrightslocal.org/winter-roundtable-series-2021/

SYNOPSIS

Jane & John have a child. They pay little attention to him or each other.
One day their child goes missing & they don’t notice — not right away. Not
for a while. Two detectives take up the missing case. Jane & John are left
to contemplate their role as parents (absent parents) & begin to lose trust
in each other. Their relationship grows strange. The longer their child is
missing, the more they break down. The more the detectives break down. &
the further & further away the missing child seems.

FEATURING

Anna Sylvester
Daniel Telford
Jayshon Austin
Jerrell Williams
Natalie Kreft
Ansley Valentine
Beth Gaiser
Emmett Podgorsk

ABOUT THE PLAYWRIGHT

Gabrielle DiDonato is a playwright from Cleveland, Ohio. She is currently a
graduate student in the Northeast Ohio MFA program. Gabrielle was one of
the playwrights who wrote for The Manhattan Project Ruins Your Childhood at
Mahall’s. She has directed & taught talented middle schoolers & high
schoolers through Tri-C West’s Performing Arts Camp over the course of
eight shows. She spends much of her free time reading her friends’ poems &
taking photographs. She enjoys writing in every genre she can.

ABOUT THE COMPANY
Playwrights Local is a theater company in Cleveland. As a playwrights’
center, our goal is to provide a home for dramatic writing in Northeast
Ohio. We offer classes and workshops, produce original plays, provide
networking opportunities, and engage the community through outreach
projects. Learn more about programs such as our
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/young-playwrights-collective-ypc/>Winter
Roundtable Series and our annual Open Call for Submissions at
http://playwrightslocal.org/. Make your tax-deductible contributions to our
501(c)(3) group at http://www.playwrightslocal.org/donate/.

# # #