[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS FOR THE ALL-CITY MUSICAL's 2021 production of "A BROADWAY CABARET"

Akron Civic allcitymusicalakron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 10:13:52 PDT 2021

AUDITIONS FOR THE ALL-CITY MUSICAL's 2021 production of "A BROADWAY
CABARET" are underway now!

This will take place on Saturday, June 19th with a start time of 7:00 PM on
the Akron Civic Theatre stage. This production will be directed by Mavis
Jennings.

This is open to all high school students in grades 9 – 12 in Northeast
Ohio. Those that would like to audition are asked to send us a video with
an introduction of yourself and to sing at least 32 bars of a ballad AND an
uptempo song which you feel suits your voice and personality best. You must
use a backing track and not sing acapella. These videos can be sent
directly to allcitymusicalakron at gmail.com. If they are too large to send
then please upload them to WeTransfer and make the recipient the email
address above. Please get your auditions in by May 1, 2021.

All participants will be required to rehearse weekly on Zoom with the
Director.

If you have any questions, please reach back to the email above and we will
try to answer. This will be a ticketed event with a capacity of close to
700.

COVID restrictions are still in place for live performance venues and we
are abiding by the rules handed down to us by the State of Ohio. Due to
capacity we will not be able to produce the large scale production of West
Side Story.

The All-City Musical Team

P.S....At the performance we will be announcing next year's 2022 All-City
Musical...It is going to be AMAZING!!!