[NEohioPAL] New Plays @ PL Radio

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 05:46:24 PDT 2021

PLAYWRIGHTS LOCAL LAUNCHES PL RADIO

New media channel streaming free audio plays on Apple Podcasts, Google
Podcasts, and other apps.

Playwrights Local announces the launch of PL Radio, a new streaming media
channel featuring original works by writers from Northeast Ohio. All radio
plays are professionally recorded and include acting, directing, and design
talent from the Cleveland area. Streaming and download are free at Amazon
Music
<https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/9ff05a58-21a7-435e-a501-4fe05c820df3/PL-Radio>,
Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pl-radio/id1551854977>,
Google Podcasts
<https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL3BsYXl3cmlnaHRzbG9jYWwvZmVlZC54bWw>,
PodBean <https://playwrightslocal.podbean.com/>, Spotify
<https://open.spotify.com/show/7s668zHXZGsFWabw1F0Ovc>, and Stitcher
<https://www.stitcher.com/show/pl-radio>. Find additional info at
www.playwrightslocal.org.

PL Radio debuts with the re-release of four audio plays that were
previously recorded. All titles are available for free streaming now.

Entanglement

Written by Les Hunter

Directed by Christine McBurney

Featuring John Busser and Cathleen O’Malley

Every Play is a Radio Play When You’re Blind

Written by Meghan Louise Wagner

Directed by Constance Thackaberry

Featuring Denise Astorino, Leonard Goff, Stuart Hoffman, Kyle Huff, Rachel
Maria Inés, Diane Mull, and Laura Stitt

Stranded

Written by Edward J. Walsh

Directed by Tim Tavcar

Featuring Agnes Herrmann

Flame Puppy

Written and directed by Mike Geither

Featuring Benjamin Gregg, Beau Reinker, Amy Schwabauer, and Lauren B. Smith

Programming for PL Radio will continue with a new series of audio plays
funded through support from the Ohio Arts Council and Cuyahoga Arts &
Culture. New works by Julia Fisher, Tom Hayes, Agnes Herrmann, Gail Nyoka,
and Faye Sholiton will be announced in the coming weeks. All titles in this
forthcoming series will be produced in partnership with Radio on the Lake
Theatre.

Additional new plays for the 2021-2022 season also will be announced soon!

About the Company

Playwrights Local is a theater company in Cleveland. As a playwrights’
center, our goal is to provide a home for dramatic writing in Northeast
Ohio. We offer classes and workshops, produce original plays, provide
networking opportunities, and engage the community through outreach
projects. Learn more about programs such as our Roundtable Reading Series
and our annual Open Call for Submissions at www.playwrightslocal.org. Make
your tax-deductible contributions to our 501(c)(3) group at
www.playwrightslocal.org/donate/.

# # #