[NEohioPAL] Creative Writing Recommendation

Tim Collingwood tc71087 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 09:03:31 PDT 2021

Playwriting/ Creative Writing Tutor

We are signaling towards a return to the social interactions of theatre and
film by the end of this year, and maybe it's time for you to return to that
play or screenplay or novel you have been putting off. Or, you have been
writing this whole time and just need a fresh pair of eyes to go over it
with you. Or, maybe it's a combination of these two realities. There is
still creativity in you.

As an emerging playwright, I can help you find your voice in your written
work. I can encourage you to explore beyond what you have already explored
in your work. I can offer constructive feedback to develop your work
further, based on goals you have for the play, short story, and novel you
are writing. If the work just needs to be read by someone else, I can offer
that as well. Fleshing out your literary voice and encouraging it to grow
is important to me. If you would like to be tutored, please respond to this
email.

Sessions can be made on Zoom, Jitsi, or Facebook video through Messenger.

$15/session, sliding scale as necessary. Once a session is set up, details
to pay will be discussed, as well as developing a shared agreement that
supports your writing with your needs with my skills to mentor your work as
you need.

Tim Collingwood is a local actor, playwright, writer, and stage manager in
the Cleveland area. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre and
English from Cleveland State University in 2010. His plays have been
workshopped at Cleveland Public Theatre in their Entry Point series in 2019
and Leap/Conceive series in 2012, Talespinner Children’s Theatre’s
PLAYground series in 2019,  the Manhattan Project: Cleveland in 2017,
OddyTheatreLab in 2011 . He is a member of Cleveland Public Theatre’s Dark
Room monthly workshops. From 2015-2016, he was a member of Ensemble
Theater’s Stagewrights program. He has written articles for Howlround on
disability justice in theatre  in 2019 and 2017 and has an essay in the
recently published book Diversity, Inclusion, and Representation in
Contemporary Dramaturgy: Case Studies From the Field.