[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Shakespeare Festival Virtual Auditions Close April 12!

keith kornajcik keithkorn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:20:34 PDT 2021

 AUDITIONS:
As our community starts to move past the pandemic that has consumed us for
the past year, The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival hopes to bring our show
back on the road this summer! We will not be performing our customary
multi-show summer season, instead focusing on one production. If things
continue to improve, look for us to bring "Romeo and Juliet", directed by
Dusten Welch, to a park near you! Tentative performance dates will be July
16 – August 14. We hope to have venues confirmed soon. If the situation
changes due to COVID, the performance will transition to a recorded radio
play format.
Accordingly, it’s time to wrangle up some actors! While it is our plan to
perform live to outdoor audiences, our audition process will remain virtual
this year. All roles are open and will be paid a stipend. CSF practices
gender and color-blind casting. We will only consider actors who have
received or intend to receive the COVID vaccine. Rehearsals and
performances will adhere to CDC guidelines.
To audition: film a video of yourself performing a Shakespearean monologue
of no more than 3 minutes (comic or dramatic). Upload the video to YouTube
or other video sharing service by 12 noon on Monday, April 12. Callbacks
are by invitation and will occur via Zoom on Sunday, April 25.
Please go to our Auditions Page HERE: https://www.cleveshakes.com/auditions
<https://www.cleveshakes.com/auditions?fbclid=IwAR359si7rWD6XZsl58O7IhGtGxHitSK8yL4ISOlWO9XTa7-lF46av9tfqIE>
for more information and to fill out our required Audition Form (where you
will also upload your video link)