[NEohioPAL] Imposters Theater Announces May Virtual Improv & Writing Workshops with Michael Busch (UCB, iO)

Imposters Comedy imposterscomedy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 15:27:53 PDT 2021

*Imposters Theater **May Virtual Workshops*
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=410f2f40c7&e=8aeda9a7f9>
*Improv: Monologues & Initiations*
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=6bdf1a7ed8&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Wednesday 05/12 7-9pm
When it comes to longform improvisation, how you start is important. If you
put in the work up top, you won’t find yourself struggling to invent things
later on. Monologues are one of the most accessible ways to begin an improv
set, creating a shared world of stories and details between audience and
performers.
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=525123d411&e=8aeda9a7f9>
*5 Tools To Jumpstart Your Writing*
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=8354352dad&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Saturday 05/15 3-5pm
It’s an amazing feeling when inspiration strikes - it seems like we can
hardly type fast enough to get all that brilliance from our brains to the
page. But to make it as a writer, you also have to teach yourself to write
when you aren’t inspired. In this workshop we will focus on practical ways
to get your brain moving when it feels like it’s stuck in park.
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=5d3b51a17a&e=8aeda9a7f9>
*Creating Comedic Characters*
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=1439111236&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Wednesday 05/19 7-9pm
This workshop will go over basic comedic structure, ways to find
inspiration for characters, and how to pitch your idea. Everyone will have
a chance to pitch their character idea, get feedback from the instructor
and the group, and come out of it with a solid plan to bring your character
to life.
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=02924fbe51&e=8aeda9a7f9>
*Improv: Patterns & POV*
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=ad9447548a&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Sunday 05/23 1-3pm
Comedy is driven by patterns, point of view, and patterns. Having a strong
POV for your character frees you from the stress of ‘inventing’ funny
things and deciding how to respond; instead you can just focus on your
character’s worldview, and apply it to each new situation.