[NEohioPAL] Willoughby Ohio Audition Week

darryllewis at juno.com darryllewis at juno.com
Mon May 10 03:35:07 PDT 2021

If you're afraid you'll pass out from audition anxiety, just audition anyway. If you're not sure performing is for you, just audition anyway. If people around you keep telling your personality should be on stage, but you're shy, just audition anyway. If you're always wanted to be in a show but were too afraid to even try, just audition anyway. If you've been in tons of shows and don't know what the Willoughby Summer Theater Festival is all about, just audition anyway. If your summer calendar is filling up fast, just audition anyway. Just audition. It could change everything. The Willoughby Summer Theater Festival’s mission is to serve Lake County and the larger northeastern Ohio community by presenting free productions of meaningful theater classics. Presented by Andrews Osborne Academy, we believe that the experience of attending/participating in live professional theater should be available to everyone in our community, regardless of age or socio-economic background. We're excited to meet you and move forward with this exciting project. We encourage adults, teenagers, pre-teens and anyone interested in theater to express your interest.
There will be 3 exciting projects.
Our Town, directed by Darryl Lewis, is a 1938 metatheatrical three-act play by American playwright Thornton Wilder which won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. The play tells the story of the fictional American small town of Grover's Corners between 1901 and 1913 through the everyday lives of its citizens. It's themes are life, love & loss.
A New Hope Cabaret, directed by Mike Rogan, will feature music and song that celebrates the return of live theater and brighter days ahead.
Dance Dance Dance,, directed by Bea Parker will feature stories through music and dance as we celebrate the joy of movement and storytelling.
Auditions will be held on Friday, May 14, 5pm-7pm, Saturday, May 15, 12pm-2pm and Sunday, May 16 2pm-3pm. Call backs are May 16 from 3pm-5pm.Rehearsals begin June 28. Performances will take place the week of July 30-August 8.Auditions and Performances will take place on the Andrews Osborne Academy Campus, 38588 Mentor Ave. in the AOA Osborne Building.
The Willoughby Summer Theater Festival uses non traditional and color blind casting. Please prepare audition pieces or just come and we'll give you somehting to read/sing. All CDC guidelines will be in place for auditions, rehearsals and performances. *Please contact Darryl Lewis @ dlewis at andrewsosborne.com or call/text 216-406-1699 with any questions at all. When you’re ready to set your audition day and time, follow the link below:  https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0e4fa9ad2da2fe3-auditions

Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Plans starting as low as $6.95 per month.*
https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=tag695&promoCode=A34454