[NEohioPAL] The Fine Arts Association presents Modern Warrior Live this weekend!

Ann Hedger ahedger at fineartsassociation.org
Mon Jun 7 10:01:11 PDT 2021

Join us for Modern Warrior LIVE!  Limited seating and tickets!

Friday, June 11 & Saturday, June 12, 2021 - 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, June 12 & Sunday, June 13, 2021 -2:00 pm

The Fine Arts Association, 38660 Mentor Ave., Willoughby, OH 44094

FREE for Veterans

$15.00 General Admission

Call (440) 951-7500 x100 to purchase tickets. Veterans who receive a free ticket still need to call in order to reserve their seat(s). Tickets are also available for purchase in-person at FAA’s Customer Service desk. Handicap seating is available.

Modern Warrior LIVE<https://www.modernwarriorlive.org/> <https://www.modernwarriorlive.org/> is a theatrical performance about one veteran’s experience when returning to civilian life and his recovery from trauma. Narrated by co-creator Staff Sergeant Jaymes Poling, who spent three years in Afghanistan as an infantryman with the 82nd Airborne Division, this autobiographical production details Poling’s time in the military and his subsequent transition back home.  “Experiencing a story told directly from the person who went through it integrated with the power of a unique artistic environment provides accessibility and empathy into an otherwise hard-to-relate-to experience,” stated Farinacci.

The delivery of performances will be through a series of screenings in the Corning Auditorium— free to our veteran community. The film is designed for veterans, active military, and their families, health professionals, high school students, and others interested in the health and well-being of our veteran populations. FAA will also have art and music programs available to meet the needs of veterans and their families.

The purpose of the project is to encourage dialogue and broaden understanding of the challenges faced by veterans helping to de-stigmatize veterans as victims by focusing on shared human experiences, providing hope and a deeper understanding across communities. Veteran Polling explains, “With the best of intentions, well-meaning individuals and organizations have crafted a dark narrative around veteran mental health. For those experiencing it, the recognition of post-traumatic stress can often feel insurmountable. Through entertainment, Modern Warrior LIVE provides an alternative viewpoint. If we agree there is an opportunity for growth in adversity, then we have an obligation to ourselves and our loved ones to do everything in our power to define a new path and find what it means to be forged in combat.”

At this time, seating is limited in order to comply with social distancing requirements. Veteran support services and other community service agencies will host tables in the gallery during and after the screenings for ease of access to resources and support.

FAA is honored to be a 1st round recipient receiving a generous grant award of $10,000 from the National Endowment for the Arts.

Ann Hedger

Programming Coordinator

440-951-7500 x103

ahedger at fineartsassociation.org<mailto:ahedger at fineartsassociation.org>

The Fine Arts Association

All the Arts Under One Roof

38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, OH 44094

www.fineartsassociation.org<http://www.fineartsassociation.org/>